•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend Continues

The Legend Continues

The legend of Mom....Happy Mothers Day!

We could have never don it without you!...
    See more | Go to post

• Johnny Heineken Named Rolex Yachtsman Of The Year

Johnny Heineken Named Rolex Yachtsman Of The Year

2012 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year: Johnny Heineken (Larkspur, Calif.), age 24, has been named the 2012 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year for his dominating performances in competitive kiteboarding, including the Kiteboarding Course Racing World Championship in Cagliari, Italy, where he topped 148 competitors to claim the world title for a second consecutive year. Heineken also proved his racing prowess by besting 45 competitors in the Kiteboarding North American Course Racing Championship in San Fran...
    See more | Go to post

• Around The World In A 10 Foot Tub

Around The World In A 10 Foot Tub

73 year old Sven Yrvind is about to set out to circumnavigate the globe.

Again.

For the 2nd time.

In a 10 foot boat.

http://www.yrvind.com/ Seven is no fool and has numerous big feats in little boats. Named the "Yrvind Ten" after its 10 foot length, the miniature vessel will be just 1.8 meters wide with two six meter-tall masts. Weighing 1.5 tons, it will be made out of a composite foam and f...
    See more | Go to post

• Kiwi Spirit Unleashed

Kiwi Spirit Unleashed

In this first blog I wish to provide some general background information. My boat is named Kiwi Spirit. I will attempt to break the record of Dodge Morgan, who circumnavigated the globe under sail non-stop and unassisted in 1986 at age 58 on American Promise. I will be 76 when I set forth on November 30, 2013 from St. Augustine, Florida. My goals include being: The oldest person to circumnavigate under sail non-stop The fastest to circumnavig...
    See more | Go to post

• Ronnie Simpson Vying For Next Editon Of Vendee?

Ronnie Simpson Vying For Next Editon Of Vendee?

Ronnie Simpson on his Moore 24' 101 at the start of the 2012 SHTP

The boat is available for a modest price, and it's already in Paradise!

Ronnie has done some pretty impressive things, but he has put his Moore 24 101 up for sale and is moving to France. The overall goal? The next edition of the 2016 Vendee! We caught Ronnie having Happy Hour at a local SF watering hole, here's a taste of the conversation.... Ronnie been eyeballing ...
    See more | Go to post

• Blown Away: Reflections From Paul Larsen

Blown Away: Reflections From Paul Larsen

24th of November,2012. This is the day that VESTAS Sailrocket 2 took speed sailing into a whole new era. Having already broken the existing Outright world speed sailing record by the biggest margin in the records history a little over a week earlier, the team took to the waters of Walvis Bay in strong winds to try and be the first to take the sport over the 60 knot average mark. This video shows the third run of the day. The record attempt had been p...
    See more | Go to post

• Serious Sailing, Serious Fun; Traditions Build Winners Trailer

Serious Sailing, Serious Fun; Traditions Build Winners Trailer

Snipes have a tradition that winning is not everything so getting a coach to help the back of the fleet during a race makes perfect sense. Snipe sailors wants all the racers to sail their fastest and have a great time on the water. That same vision means everyone shares the latest "go fast" modifications to the boats. That keeps the competition between the sailors. Just as important as the racing, the shoreside activities have been vital to the Class. Whether it's the daiquiris and pael...
    See more | Go to post

• Chasing Mavericks

Chasing Mavericks

Chasing Mavericks opens in the US October 26, 2012 and in Germany January 3, 2013....
    See more | Go to post

• Eric Arndt, Samba's Lab Loving Boat Manager

Eric Arndt, Samba's Lab Loving Boat Manager

Michelle Slade of www.sailblast.com crafted thi nice interview of yet another on of the SF Bay' unsung superstars, Marin Counties Eric Arndt (no relation to L-38's John Arndt) Visions of his two pups, Izzy and Sarah swimming next to Samba during extended tiller time during the 2008 Pineapple Cup, were an indicator to Eric that his time off watch was way overdue. photo © Michelle Slade/Sailblast ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...
    See more | Go to post

• The Water Photographer

The Water Photographer

The mysterious world of the water photographer revealed!...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Vindication for Vandemoer
    by Photoboy
    In early 2019, the world of sailing, especially in the US was rocked by the announcement that a college sailing coach, one John Vandemoer had been arrested and charged in the largest college admissions scandals in US History. This announcement along with a long list of wealthy parents hoping to get their children accepted into prestigious colleges and universities who were caught up in the racketeering endeavours of one William "Rick" Singer. According to the film ...
    03-19-2021, 12:05 PM
  • Ode To Mr Fun
    by Photoboy

Members of the Richmond Yacht Club and the sailing community at large have been paying tribute the Dick Loomis aka "Mr Fun" who passed away
    earlier this week after battling cancer in recent times.

Here are just some of the many, many messages....

Well my dear friend Mr Fun you have gone from us too soon! While here your sure did a darn fine job of brightening the lives of everyone around you mine included....
    02-25-2021, 11:52 AM
  • The Baron Passes Over The Bar
    by Photoboy
    Passing of Baron Benjamin de Rothschild, founder and owner of the Gitana Team Saturday, January 16, 2021 - It is with deep regret and great sadness that Gitana Team announces the death of Benjamin de Rothschild following a heart attack at his home in Pregny (Switzerland), on the afternoon of 15 January 2021. The thoughts of the sailors and members of Gitana go out to his wife Ariane de Rothschild and his children, as well as to all his family and loved ones, to whom they extend thei...
    01-16-2021, 11:29 AM
  • A Childhood Fixation Drives Sally Fitzgibbons
    by Photoboy

Kahla Preston writes for Honey.nine.com.au Children often develop intense fixations, and for a young Sally Fitzgibbons it was the Olympic Games. From age five, she would imagine herself in Rocky-style movie montages as she threw herself into various sports. The "weird infatuation" was only cemented when she saw Cathy Freeman win gold at Sydney 2000. "Every time I'd finish running around the block or riding my BMX, I'd be like, 'Coming down the home straight, she's gonna...
    11-10-2020, 11:49 PM
  • A Change Of Course For Gabart
    by Photoboy
    Get to know Ambassador François Gabart Our first Ambassador from France, François Gabart is a skipper, competitor, and engineer currently focused on building a new Ultim (a 100-foot multihull) and opening MerConcept’s new office. Versatile, curious, and hard-working, François revealed his sailing potential with his victory in the Vendée Globe at just 29 years old and has propelled himself to rank amongst the greatest talents in ocean racing. François also values innovation and pr...
    07-31-2020, 08:45 AM
  • What Once Was: Ron Moore Reflects
    by Photoboy

link

Santa Cruz Cinematographer Tim McTighe put together a 9 minute plus video interview with
    Legendary SC boat builder Ron Moore and his reflections on a time gone by...

06-01-2020, 08:55 AM
Working...
X