Artemis Returns to Sailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3D View Post
    I stopped by AR yesterday evening and noticed that the door was open. Peeked in and had a chat with the boys. Boat is indeed upright, with the main-beam removed. Lots going on!!!

Cheers!!!

-3D
    Same experience, different day.
    I usually end up talking to the same guy, he always has a way of showing up when I'm within camera range.
    His comments were something like this "Yes mate, we're done testing mate, she's a bit overweight mate, but ready to go mate."

Comment

From Monday
      Crane still up, platform dolly missing, new Artemis sign

Comment

Comment

in twitland NBC bay area announced artemis WILL race next weekend!! misleading title!?!?!

AC News ‏@AmericasCupFans 3h
          Swedish America's Cup Team to Race Next Weekend - NBC Bay Area http://bit.ly/14d4nMk

Comment

Scheduled launch is for Mon July 22.

Comment

If ETNZ wins against LR on Sunday, they can skip the "semi finals" and advance to the finals?

That means they don't race again until August 17?

http://www.americascup.com/en/results-standings

Comment

wonder if they will stay in south bay as is th norm for testing boats? am NOT renting a car this time. thanks for the info Tom!
                Originally posted by Tom Mc View Post
                Scheduled launch is for Mon July 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of Whales View Post
                  If ETNZ wins against LR on Sunday, they can skip the "semi finals" and advance to the finals?

That means they don't race again until August 17?

http://www.americascup.com/en/results-standings
                  This is really turning into a non-event.

Comment

i agree. after watching them nearly ALL of their sails in SFbay since i've been back, it seems ETNZ is the best boat for the cup. looks like Larry will NOT keep this Cup and it's going across the Pacific. ETNZ does great stuff on the water and it's going to reward them very nicely!! Cannot wait till Artemis makes a showing on the water!! yes, too bad about the Energy team but this cup is just too expensive these days!

Comment

Talk with a crew member today confirms Artemis launch Monday July 22.

Comment

There's a really great piece in Rueters on what ETNZ has riding on this:

For Dalton, and for New Zealand's fervent sailing fans, there's a lot riding on the team's performance.

In an international competition where money buys top talent from around the world, New Zealand's is the only boat crewed almost entirely by nationals.

Only New Zealand has a home-grown grown industry devoted to designing and building advanced carbon-fiber boats of the type being used in the Cup.

And only New Zealand, whose winning Cup campaign two decades ago touched off a national celebration, is backed by its government and risks losing that support if it fails this year.

"I don't think the team will survive if we don't win," said New Zealand tactician Ray Davies. "It's fantastic that the government puts the money in, but they're expecting us to win and they're not going to back a team that doesn't win."

FALSE START

In most countries, sailboat racing is a niche sport, and this year's America's Cup so far has done little to change that. Ellison, who won the cup in 2010, and with it the right to set the rules for this year's races, hoped to make the 162-year-old competition more accessible to everyday sports fans with super-fast, high-tech 72-foot boats sailing close to shore on the picturesque Bay.

But the regatta stumbled from the start, with high costs scaring off many challengers and a fatal training accident in May throwing the four-team competition into chaos. A convoluted fight over new safety rules may leave Sweden's Artemis Racing, funded by businessman Torbjörn Törnqvist, unable to participate.

Full Article
                        " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

it was good to see there was an Artemis representative at the AC Park today being interviewed - i walked in at the very last minute as they wrapped it all up. i didn't even know they were done with the interview; i wouldve liked to know what was said. thanks for the heads-up confirmation about monday. wondering if i should moto over to south bay on scooter to see if i can get a few pixs since my pier 30-32 spot is gone now

Comment

Launch does not necessarily mean sail.
                            I'd wait a while before I made the trip.

Comment

Artemis had their wing out this morning, did a practice hoist.
                              Boat looks ready for tomorrow.

Comment

Boat came out for a little sun today also.
                                Pics later.

Comment

Working...
                                X