• Show
Clear All

• Forecast For Tuesday

You can leave your gennaker home!
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

From the America's Cup media center:

Race Day Seven of the America's Cup Finals

Wind is forecast to be strong today, 20-25 knots, with stronger gusts. A strong ebb current doesn't help with the wind limits. Second race is looking unlikely.

Race 11 - 1:15pm - Emirates Team New Zealand vs. ORACLE TEAM USA (-2.7 ebb - 20.3 knot wind limit)
    Race 12 - 2:15pm - ORACLE TEAM USA vs. Emirates Team New Zealand (-2.9 ebb - 20.1 knot wind limit)

Racing is live on NBC Sports Network with the broadcast beginning at 1:00pm.

There will be a replay on YouTube after the broadcast.

Racing is live on YouTube internationally (subject to territorial restrictions - USA, FRA, NZL, etc).

There will be a post-race press conference at approximately 3:10pm

** Note: Wednesday, a reserve day, will be used if necessary.

Comment

UPDATE: 1108 hours

With a weather forecast calling for winds gusting up to 28 knots coupled with a strong ebb tide, the prospect for racing today is questionable. Regatta Director Iain Murray put today’s forecast in stark terms at his morning briefing. “This is the strongest current day we’ve had all summer. This is getting up towards the day that ORACLE TEAM USA had its difficulty last October,” said Murray.

Murray plans to send the race committee boat, Regardless, to the racecourse to monitor the wind conditions. After the dock-out show, around 1130, he’ll make a decision whether to send the crews to the racecourse or keep them moored at the America’s Cup Park, at Piers 27/29.

“For a long time we’ve known that this would be the toughest tide day. It’s a strong ebb at 2.9 knots (for Race 11) and 2.7 (for Race 12), so we have a low wind limit, 20.1 knots and 20.3 knots for the two races,” said Murray. “Just to compliment the day we have our strongest wind forecast. The committee boat will set up on station and we’ll monitor the situation. We thought it would be tough on Sunday but we got two races in, so fingers crossed.”

UPDATE: 0845 hours

ORACLE TEAM USA Crew List
      Skipper: Jimmy Spithill (9), Tactician: Ben Ainslie (12), Strategist: Tom Slingsby (10), Wing trimmer: Kyle Langford (8), Jib trimmer: Joe Newton (5), Off-side trimmer: Rome Kirby (4), Grinders: Shannon Falcone (1), Joe Spooner (2), Jono MacBeth (3), Gillo Nobili (6), Simeon Tienpont (7)

Emirates Team New Zealand Crew List
      Skipper/helmsman: Dean Barker (14), Tactician: Ray Davies (10), Wing Trimmer: Glenn Ashby (3), Trimmer: James Dagg (9), Bow: Adam Beashel (2), Pit: Jeremy Lomas (8), Pedestal 1: Chris Ward (7), Pedestal 2: Rob Waddell (11), Pedestal 3: Grant Dalton (6), Pedestal 4: Chris McAsey (5), Float/Grinder: Derek Saward (12)

Comment

America's Cup Racing ‏@americascupLIVE 8m
        TIM Wind now 20.8 kts, gusting to 22.0. Race 11 at 13:15 PDT, ~30 min away - NZL port entry, USA stbd.

Comment

UPDATE: 1310 hours

The Race 11 start is now scheduled for 1325.

UPDATE: 1305 hours

The start of Race 11 has been pushed back 5 minutes to 1320 because the wind strength exceeded the 20.1-knot limit for 30 seconds. The start has to be rescheduled every time the 30-second rolling box car average eclipses the limit. The race committee has indicated it will keep trying to start Race 11 until 1345.

UPDATE: 1250 hours

The wind strength continues to bounce above and below the 20.1-knot limit for Race 11. Currently, the race committee plans to begin the start sequence as scheduled at 1310, with a start scheduled for 1315.

UPDATE: 1200 hours

The two crews want to go to the racecourse so Regatta Director Iain Murray will send them out. Wind reports from Regardless indicate the wind is blowing around the Race 11 limit of 20.1 knots. Race 11 is scheduled to start at 1315.

Comment

UPDATE: 1317 hours

The start of Race 11 is now scheduled for 1332.

Ian Murray does not sound optimistic, will send crews home shortly.

Comment

Racing Cancelled for the day!

Comment

Image of the day...

Comment

This wouldn't happen if they were racing Moores.

Comment

Kiwi Ninja's Just Wanna Have Fun!

Comment

They won't be hard to spot in a line up!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_hymen View Post
                        This wouldn't happen if they were racing Moores.
                        ...or E-27's, Santa Cruz 27, Knarrs, IC's, Cal 20s or any other fleet that sails on the bay.

Comment

Working...
                        X