Remember This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember This?

Stumbled upon this while looking for something...i fergot what...dang it...
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

They started the whole NY to SF record breaking thing, didn't they?

Comment

what's it rate?

Comment

Thursdays Child: A brief History

THURSDAY’S CHILD was designed for skipper Warren Luhrs by Paul Lindenburg as an Open 60’ ultralight singlehanded ocean racer. She was built by Bergstrom and Ridder in 1983. She was the most innovative and fastest ocean racer of her kind and set the following records:

Observer Single-handed Transatlantic Race (OSTAR) from Plymouth, England to Newport, Rhode Island. Warren Luhrs set new monohull record of 16 days 22 Hours.

TC aloft 1989
        First boat to break FLYING CLOUD’s Clipper-ship record set in 1954 around Cape Horn from New York to San Francisco of 89 days (in 1854) in 80 days 18 hours.

1994-95
        THURSDAY’S CHILD’s last race was the 1994-95 BOC Single-handed Around The World Race, sailed and completed by skipper Arnet Taylor. She was in a yard in St. Augustine, Florida until March 1998.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She later became in integral part of Michael Reppys effort with Earth Island Institute campaign to cease the Dolphin slaughter in Japan

http://www.earthislandprojects.org/tchild/

She was late replaced by Spirit of Emu, a 43' Tony Grainger Trimaran, which is bright yellow and named Dolphin Spirit

http://www.dolphinspirit.org/
        Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

Comment

Where is she now?
          Stay in the car and don't play with the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by hobot View Post
            Where is she now?
            She ( Thursdays Child) was donated to the " Way to Happiness" foundation in So Cal, under the promise to
            use to take underprivileged kids out sailing. Michael Reppy indicates she unfortunately probably on the hard
            somewhere in So Cal not being used as intended.

Dolphin Dance is in Marina Bay, Michael is just back from Japan where they intercepted a "Dolphin Drive" and virtually have "The
            Cove" surrounded with a large group of media that the intended slaughter has been halted.

We'll have a full report from Michael a tad later!
            Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headway View Post
              She ( Thursdays Child) was donated to the " Way to Happiness" foundation in So Cal, under the promise to
              use to take underprivileged kids out sailing. Michael Reppy indicates she unfortunately probably on the hard

Dolphin Dance is in Marina Bay, Michael is just back from Japan where they intercepted a "Dolphin Drive" and virtually have "The
              Cove" surrounded with a large group of media that the intended slaughter has been halted.

Can't wait to hear the report! Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

Originally posted by Photoboy View Post

Stumbled upon this while looking for something...i fergot what...dang it...
                PB--
                Do you have any photos of the boat he owned before? Rumblseat? A turboed eight meter?
                I may be confused...... it's happened before.

Comment

Rumbleseat?

Bruce Schwab owned that for a while....??
                  " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Rumblseat was Bruce's boat as I recall.

Never mind.......................
                    Last edited by war dog; 09-09-2010, 07:45 PM. Reason: slow t-ping made me late!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headway View Post

Well, no sign of the program on thier site;
                      http://www.thewaytohappiness.org/pro...teenagers.html

The boats too big to hide, someone must know where it's at.

*edit - spoke too soon, it's in Long Beach;

Last Revised: Aug 26, 2010 - http://projectboatco.com/core/listin...=projectboats&
                      Stay in the car and don't play with the radio.

Comment

Nav station is SO 1983

Comment

Okay-------
                          Found one photo so far:

http://www.sfbaysss.org/transpac/transpac96/schwab.html

Comment

Another one:
                            Rumbleseat..jpg

Comment

No connection to Thursday's Child from what I recall. May have crossed paths, literally, on one of the singlehanded long distance races though.

Comment

Working...
                              X