Dillon Yacht Club Open Regatta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillon Yacht Club Open Regatta

Ok, How come we don't hear about what's going on in Colorado? 63 boats are signed up for this regatta and not one person is here to tell us about it?
    A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

I think it is lack of oxygen at 9,000 feet where they sail.

Comment

Just joined so I am alittle late in this reply, but I race the thing every year in the Santana 20 fleet. 90% of the time we fleet (I think the last time we didn't was 2000.) last year 2012 the water was wayyyyyy low. So low that the massive crane at the marina was a good 40' from the h20. Fun stuff checking the windex from the parking lot... anyway they run it like a NOOD (or as close as you can get out here) with Great RC work, good food, party tents, bands and pretty much the best racing within 1000 mi. 74 keelboats 10 lasers and a healthy jr fleet was good, but with the h2o so low the start box was interesting but they did manage to keep the legs around 1.5 mi or longer wihich was good. They even manage to get a Fly over once in a while with some classic jets and p51's etc. Good times........... Wind wise it can range from 0 and doing circles to blowing 60 and snow. Pretty cool sailing along and having a summer storm jump from behind Breakenridge or from under the dam and slamming the fleet. last yr it was a steady 10-18 sat and we got 5 races in. sunday was a drifter , but the RC did a good Job and we managed 1. We ended up going to the wrong mark and basically threw the regatta in the last race sat going from a solid 1 to a not so good 5. Sitll managed to get 3rd even with that fuckup though. Check out the webpage. They do a great job up there and encourage out of towners. It would make a Great destination Regatta if you threw in a week of camping after plus the condos and hotels are cheap as it is basically off season. Anyway late post but if you need info let me know. And if you want to crew this yr I may have a spot(need a good middle with some tactical experience). H20 so low at cc I haven't been racing wed nights but would love to get up there and get that dang pickle dish again.

http://www.dillonopen.com/index.html

or google Dillon Open Regatta.

Good stuff

Shag.

Edit: 1 more thing, the starts are actually at a civilized time this yr noon sat and 11 sun. so it makes it a good regatta for bringing the fam as you can actually spend some quality time with them before boat call.

Comment

So that's where all the J-22 went...

Comment

Now that is a delayed reply. Sounds like a fun time!
          A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

Comment

Working...
          X