Verve Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verve Cup

Last Chicago regatta of the season for me. I've had all conditions so far. I thought it was going to snow during the Noods. The Mac was hot and sticky then windy and wet then cold wet and slow... What will the verve be? How about 85 sunny and 15kts?

hmmm weather is looking light but comfortable...forgot about the Air and water show....maybe the bow calls for a bikini this weekend....http://www.explorechicago.org/city/e...and_water.html

Comment

Going to be a long day. Beer cans tonight in Detroit, then drive over to the left coast for an overnight delivery to Chicago for Verve. Caffeine is your friend.

Comment

These guys have their own cup?

Comment

Missed racing on Friday due to atc flight cancellation. Only one race today due to weather.

Comment

Finished 3rd in ORR2

Comment

Back in SLC, just got the report from the strip club. One crewmember arrested, the rest got laid, thousands of dollars spent....I love my Chicago crew! Just wish I could have gone with them ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kris O View Post
                Back in SLC, just got the report from the strip club. One crewmember arrested, the rest got laid, thousands of dollars spent....I love my Chicago crew! Just wish I could have gone with them ;-)
                Spill the beans.

You can start with the sailing!

Comment

Well I wish I had more to tell.... I missed Friday's racing due to having my flight from denver to chicago cancelled on Thursday. I got to the club about noon but could not find anyone to get me out to the race course. It was a nice sunny day. I got to watch the Thunderbirds practicing for the airshow. Winds were moderate and all three circles got in 3 races.

Friday night the SC70's had a dock party with what I was told were strippers serving trays of martini's after sleeping on the floor of denver airport Thursday night, I hit my wall pretty early and did not motivate to walk down the dock to attend.

Saturday the race committee ordered all boats in just before the sequence began to wait for a storm cell to pass. While it was dumping buckets, thunder and lightning at the club, the wind did a bunch of 360's. Later in the afternoon only Circle A with the big boats was able to get off a race. It was still a bit of a challenge as beats turned into runs and vice versa. We were a little bit frustrated with the amount of time under ORR we had to give boats. In this race we finished a whole leg in front of a boat that corrected over us by 1 second to win. That is just something you cannot cover ...lots of lamenting on where we could have gained another second.

Sunday was another beautiful day on the water with decent breeze for Chicago and some shifts that allowed for gainers. A good day overall but again frustrated with the time allowances.

The club is finally getting it right in terms of the party. Free pours all 3 days for several hours. Barbecue grill going in the parking lot with Burgers, Chicken, Brats, and pulled pork on the menu. Food prices were reasonable.

Post regatta I was on a plane so I missed the night out but it sounds like it will go down in Scout history under the heading "remember when we spent thousands of dollars at the strip club..."

Comment

"it sounds like it will go down in Scout history under the heading "remember when we spent thousands of dollars at the strip club..."

I think Reagan referred to that as the "trickle down" aspect of the economy
                    ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Comment

Isnt that the tickle down effect?

Comment

Got an awesome voicemail from Burnsy this weekend. Sounds like I missed a fun one.
                        Whizzo Butter: "Absolutely indistinguishable from a dead crab."

Comment

Yeah, it was a good time, the Details party on Friday night was epic.

Comment

Working...
                          X