Chicago/Mac race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago/Mac race

Virgin year on a SC33 - any hints for us?
    A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

what sorta hints do you want?

Comment

Lots of things to run into. Don't run into anything.

Seriously though... Pay close attention to the SIs. There is a mark before the bridge that often gets missed.
      Whizzo Butter: "Absolutely indistinguishable from a dead crab."

Comment

Well, what to look for in the conditions, is there a favored course in certain conditions, any wind current?

Comment

we wont know the conditions until the weather report but in general there is a breeze out of the southwest in the summer. thermal breeze can sometimes be found off the dunes if its light and warm. Thunderstorms will happen. you will see 00.0 on the speedo. if you're looking for current I'm missing my tuesday flight because its really slow and you will most like die of blood loss from fly bites before getting to the island.

Comment

So no wind driven current on the lake to think about?

Comment

i've seen it on occasion but only on a light air day after a heavy amount of wind that lasts for a few days from one direction. This is rare though and I certainly wouldn't plot a course based on it.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ofs..._statcur.shtml

Comment

did I have a post get removed or am i just an idiot who hasn't figured out how to use the board?

Comment

It's just you :-)

Comment

Man. I wrote a masterpiece too. I fail at the intertubes.

Comment

OMG...I may have to come down with a broken leg or something....current forecast is 10kts out of the ENE....oh then there's the FLIES.

Comment

Can't you wear one of those cool bee hats?

Comment

here's a wrinkle boss just asked if there's anyway I can change my flights to be in a meeting with the CEO on Tuesday in Salt Lake......We yeah except the stupid wind forecast is for 10 knots and a beat.... ComeOn wind gods....

Comment

I've tried many times to explain "time" vs. "sailing time." The rest of the world doesn't get it.

Comment

meeting moved from Noon on tuesday to 7 am Wednesday.....

I'm not sure I am going to be awake for it but I will be presenting....

Comment

Working...
                              X