No announcement yet.

Chicago/Mac race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacking corpses on the weather rail can be an effective way to improving righting momentum.

Comment

Ian's write up is awesome - Chi-Mac is a classic even in a year with no breeze. Mackinac is in Lake Huron - Lake Superior (Gitche Gumee) isn't far away up the St Marys river and the locks at Sault Ste. Marie. It may seem like all flyover territory from the West Coast, but it's pretty serious around there and they truly are Great Lakes.

Comment

My unusually personal PD write-up. Sorry for that and for not having any good pictures from a pro photog....

http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/c...inac-Race-2013
        A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

Comment

nice write up. Yes agree the island was definitely underwhelming. I counted 50 masts when we landed. We get a dock because our owner is handicapped but even for us at 41ft. the docks are well above our decks. They are primarily designed for huge powerboats and stacks of Ice in the winter.

We finished, & cleaned up the boat. I took a shower, packed my gear, walked to the ferry dock and bought my 10:30 pm ticket. Left my gear, walked back to the pink pony. had a margarita. Went to the 8:30 pm crew diner. Had a glass of wine, salad and hors deorves. Left for the ferry. Cab met me at docking. drove me to the airport. I slept in the doorway of the airport because it was closed. Woke up to TSA unlocking the airport. Got on the 6:30 am flight to detroit. Was at my desk in SLC by 11:15 am. made the presentation to our board from noon -3. So I think i was well into sleepytown in my own bed before the Tuesday 9pm awards. Feeling lucky to have gotten the wind shifts we did.

Comment

Hard core.

Comment

"Article asked what people who live in the Michigan lower peninsula are called. They are called TROLLS (no kidding), because they live under the Mackinac bridge."

A reader forwarded this...

...now we know where trolls come from...
              " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Yep

Comment

Working...
                X