Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tritium Prepares For Transpac

"My that's a big strut you have"

A look at the 17 ' bow sprit on Tritium, Jahn Sangmeister new used boat which is prepping for a late week splash before heading south and the final work before launching and all out assault on the Trans Pac Race Record!

Nicola Breymair stands on the center hull, very much still being worked on outside Artemis
    HQ in Alameda

The C-foils await their placement in the sleeves

Nicola in the spacious galley/nav area/ sleeping quarters. Its a VERY compact area
    below decks, claustrophobics need not apply.

Self diagnosed "gear head" Tom McIntire gets a tour.

Even while conducting the interview, Boat Manager Ryan Breymaier continues on his massive to do list!

Ryan explaining the hydraulic ram-rod which allow the mast to cant up to 20 degrees

It all hinges on this, literally!

The carbon trunk, put in by Artemis Racing to support its 1st wing back in Valencia,
    covered the center dagger board slot and is now a piece of nautical history...Would make a cool conversation piece eh?

The deck layout forward of the cockpit!
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

https://vimeo.com/66604568

Tritium Racing's Ryan Breymaier provides the Readers Digest short story:

Comment

Great job! Looks like Ryan has his work cut out for him. Will you get some pics of the ram system when the mast is in place?

Comment

Some clicks from yesterdays Tritium launch...report and video to folllow...

Comment

Nice work.

Hope they smoke Geronimo's record!

Comment

Tri-ing To Depart SF

Sometimes, that's just the way it goes...After bailing out early from Santa Cruz, as the party was just
            getting started, bookin home, and getting out resonably early Saturday for a rare opportunity to capture
            the one and only ORMA 73', Tritium, lighting it up across the Bay....

The crew had an 8:00 AM dock meeting time, with intentions to sail til 3:00 PM. But as luck would have
            it, one of the top battens gave up the ghost, and the crew was forced to take the prudent route
            and not risk further damage. They did get a few runs in and hit 18-19 knots prior to the batten breaking
            (See pic below)

© max moosman/tritium racing

The crew are attempting to get the boat down to Long Beach ASAP and were hoping for a window early this week,
            but the offshore forecast of gale force winds have left them staying a bit longer then originally planned...
            So maybe another photo op will present itself?

Comment

Tritium sighting, headed south, 1 mile due west of Pacifica Pier

Comment

A Slight Delay In Plans

Ryan Breymaier and crew slipped out the Gate just prior to noon on Wednesday as the weather window opened, after days of delay by gale force winds offshore denied a safe
                opportunity. By 1:00 PM, the massive cat had made it about 15 miles and was very, very slowly eeking down south down the San Mateo Coast in light conditions.

Lacking funds for aerial food drop, and running low on supplies, the team diverted to Santa Cruz and called the Wookie Emeregency Delivery Service, which brought out 9 asada brurritos and a 12 pack of Tecate. Rumors that the Transpac Record attempt will be lean and mean with only food for 5 days on board have not been confirmed, nor rumors members might be squirreling away Slim Jims and snack bars in the linings of their foulies, just in case the wind gods fail to deliver.

Comment

Have they taken out a want ad for sailboat provisioner yet?

Comment

Many moving parts (blades, foils, rig, canting mast...) make trimaran Tritium Lending Club go fast. Ryan Breymaier shows us how it works before the start of the Transpac 2013.

Comment

Narrow spaces on the multihull Tritium Lending Club, presented by crew member "Howie" Hamlin. You get an amzing visit of the boat.Departure Tomorrow for the Transpac 2013 between Long Beach California and Honolulu in Hawaï. John Sanmeister is the skipper of the trimaran and Renaud Laplanche will also be sailing on the boat.

Comment

Transpac 2013: Randolf asks about the record Tritium Lending Club is trying to set on the Transpac or Transpacific. Ryan Breymaier answers the questions and explains which record the trimaran is hoping to get.

Comment

Transpac 2013: Given the tragedy in San Francisco, Pam asks what we are doing to prevent pitchpoling. Ryan Breymaier, the boat captain of Tritium Lending Club trimaran answers this critical question on a multihull. Tritium will compete in the Transpac 2013.

Comment

Transpac 2013: Will Oxley, navigator onboard the multihull Tritium Lending Club explains us what is his job and how he get the weather informations for the Transpac 2013. Will was the navigator of Campers Team New Zealand during the 2011 Volvo Ocean Race.

Comment

Transpac 2013: GIno Morelli of Morelli Melvin answers a fan's question about raising foils in rough seas onboard the trimaran Tritium Lending Club which will sail the Transpac 2013.

Comment

Working...
                              X