Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caudrelier Rounds The Horn For 4th Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caudrelier Rounds The Horn For 4th Time!

Rothschild's Maxi Edmond leading the way at Cape Horn!

He's back in the Atlantic after more than eighteen days in the South Seas! The arrival of Charles Caudrelier is still a long way off for its leader – over 7,000 theoretical miles still to go – but this Tuesday, February 6 will be an important date in the race around the world of ARKEA ULTIM CHALLENGE-Brest The skipper of Maxi Edmond de Rothschild crossed the length of Cape Horn, at the southern tip of Latin America, at 18:08'40'', after 30 days 4 hours 38 minutes and 40 seconds of racing.

Fourth Horn of his career, but he is the first solo. This is also the first time in history that a flying maxi-trimaran doubles this mythical crossing. Touched and happy to be done with the Australian seas, one of the Horn's unsurpassed nicknames is also Cap Dur or Cap deliverer, the sailor of the Gitana Team dedicated this third and final cap to his shipmen and team.

"To me, this Cape Horn means many, many things." This is my 4th but my 1st solo. It's historical! For the Gitana Team, its shipmen Ariane and Benjamin de Rothschild and for the offshore race. Rothschild’s Maxi Edmond is the first flying trimaran to double this legendary cap. "

Last edited by Photoboy; 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM.
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery
Working...
X