J/120

Does not indicate starting sequence...

I know captain chaos will be there...

And who is captain chaos ?

Should I enter or sit it out ?

Comment

Originally posted by bowline View Post
      And who is captain chaos ?
      If I'm not mistaken captain chaos in a Photog (ex-military dude) who is often on the RC boat and WILL catch you in a moment of Chaos if you give him 1/2 a chance!!!!

I'm in for Sun but have to sit Sat out............But I might bring the kids by the StFancy on the way to SFO to pick up my wife Sat afternoon.......

Comment

When , is beer and rum provided or do i have to bring enough to share ?

-P

Comment

I think its "Captain Carnage" not chaos

Comment

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
            NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
            420 AM PDT TUE MAY 10 2011

JUST IN TIME FOR THE WEEKEND...CONDITIONS WILL TAKE A TURN FOR THE
            WORSE AS THE TROF MOVES TO THE WEST COAST AS AN ASSOCIATED 537 DM
            500 MB LOW 40N/130W BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. MODELS REMAIN IN FAIRLY
            GOOD AGREEMENT THAT THE FIRST ROUND OF RAIN WILL START LATE ON
            SATURDAY AHEAD OF THE LOW AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
            ALTHOUGH THIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A WASH-OUT FOR THE WEEKEND...SINCE
            IT IS OCCURRING SO LATE IN THE WATER YEAR...ANY ADDITIONAL RAINFALL
            WILL BE ABOVE CLIMO NORMS. AT THE SAME TIME SNOW LEVELS WILL DROP
            AS 700 MB TEMPS APPROACH MINUS 11C. THIS COULD TRANSLATE TO SNOW
            SHOWERS LOCALLY AS LOW AS 3500 FEET. THIS SETUP ALSO APPEARS GOOD
            FOR SOME CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY WITH SMALL HAIL A GOOD POSSIBILITY WITH
            THE STRONGEST SHOWERS. MORE RAIN AND BREEZY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED
            ON SUNDAY AS ANOTHER PIECE OF ENERGY ROTATES AROUND THE LOW.

DEPENDING ON THE PROGRESSION OF THE LOW...RAIN COULD END SUNDAY NIGHT
            AND STAY WELL TO THE NORTH INTO TUESDAY (GFS SOLUTION) OR AT LEAST A
            CHANCE OF SHOWERS COULD STAY IN THE PICTURE FROM SATURDAY THROUGH
            WEDNESDAY (ECMWF SOLUTION). ECMWF HAS USUALLY PERFORMED BETTER PAST
            DAY 5 SO WILL KEEP SOME POPS GOING IN THE GRIDS OUT TO DAY 8.
            ALTHOUGH WE DO HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR PICKING UP NOTABLE RAINFALL...
            LOOKING BACK AT TWO LATE SEASON RAIN EVENTS FROM 1957 AND 1996 THAT
            PRODUCED LARGE TOTALS FOR MAY SHOW A SYNOPTIC PATTERN THAT WAS MORE
            CONDUCIVE TO LARGE TOTALS. THEREFORE...EARLY NUMBERS SUGGEST RAINFALL
            VALUES WILL STAY UNDER HALF AN INCH IN URBAN SPOTS AND UNDER AN INCH
            IN MOST HIGHER ELEVATION LOCATIONS.

Who ordered up this weather?
            Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

Comment

Charlie, I think you are right, but I would rather see chaos vs. Carnage, and that proves I don't work for a sail maker or Yard

Comment

Originally posted by max headway View Post
                area forecast discussion
                national weather service san francisco bay area
                420 am pdt tue may 10 2011

just in time for the weekend...conditions will take a turn for the
                worse as the trof moves to the west coast as an associated 537 dm
                500 mb low 40n/130w by saturday afternoon. Models remain in fairly
                good agreement that the first round of rain will start late on
                saturday ahead of the low and continue through the weekend.
                Although this does not look like a wash-out for the weekend...since
                it is occurring so late in the water year...any additional rainfall
                will be above climo norms. At the same time snow levels will drop
                as 700 mb temps approach minus 11c. This could translate to snow
                showers locally as low as 3500 feet. This setup also appears good
                for some convective activity with small hail a good possibility with
                the strongest showers. More rain and breezy conditions are expected
                on sunday as another piece of energy rotates around the low.

Depending on the progression of the low...rain could end sunday night
                and stay well to the north into tuesday (gfs solution) or at least a
                chance of showers could stay in the picture from saturday through
                wednesday (ecmwf solution). Ecmwf has usually performed better past
                day 5 so will keep some pops going in the grids out to day 8.
                Although we do have the potential for picking up notable rainfall...
                Looking back at two late season rain events from 1957 and 1996 that
                produced large totals for may show a synoptic pattern that was more
                conducive to large totals. Therefore...early numbers suggest rainfall
                values will stay under half an inch in urban spots and under an inch
                in most higher elevation locations.

Who ordered up this weather?
                more interesting weather is anticipated beginning over the weekend as
                an unseasonably deep upper level low drops south from the gulf of
                alaska to just off the northern california coast. Showers associated
                with this cold low are progged to spread across the district saturday
                night and continue into sunday. Snow levels could also lower to as
                low as 3500 feet in our area and given the cold nature of the low...
                Thunderstorms are also a definitely possibility along with small
                hail.

Comment

Haven't entered yet because I'm waiting for news from Svendsens that my boat will be ready, but right now I'd say 90/10 that we'll be there.

Comment

Racing Area: Frank Stone Cup
                    Division: IRC
                    IRC
                    1. USA 48005 Bodacious+ John Clauser Berkeley/Richmond Walnut Creek, CA, USA 1D 48 48.3
                    2. USA 2245 criminal mischief Chip Megeath CYC tiburon, ca, USA r/p 45 45
                    3. USA 3632 Encore Wayne Koide Richmond YC San Anselmo, CA, USA Sydney 36 CR 36 ft
                    4. USA 28423 Inspired Environments Timothy Ballard CYC San Rafael, CA, USA Bene, Farr, First 40.7 39.3
                    5. USA 35043 Jazzy Bob Turnbull N/A Sunnyvale, CA, USA 1D35 35
                    6. 18441 Mintaka 4 Gerry Brown Berkeley YC Sunnyvale, CA, USA Farr 38 38.25
                    7. USA 18250 Mirthmaker Douglas / Kirk Holm / Denebeim St. Francis YC Corte Madera, CA, USA Archambault 35 35
                    8. USA 16 Swiftsure ll Sy Kleinman StFYC Saratoga, CA, USA Sloop 54
                    9. USA 43690 TNT Brad Copper Richmond Yacht Club Pt. Richmond, CA, USA Custom Tripp 43 43
                    10. USA 28908 Tupelo Honey Gerard Sheridan St.FYC/SBYC San Francisco, CA, USA Elan 40 40

Comment

Division: One Design
                      J 105
                      1. USA 84 Advantage3 Pat & Will Benedict Emeryville Yacht Club Danville, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      2. USA 16 Akula Doug Bailey CAL Los Gatos, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      3. USA 103 Aquavit Brad Pennington Los Gatos, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      4. USA 116 Arbitrage Bruce Stone St. Francis Yacht Club San Francisco, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      5. USA 40 Blackhawk Scooter Simmons SFYC Belvedere, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      6. USA 120 Breeze Franci Fridell TYC Tiburon, CA, USA J105 35
                      7. USA 581 Business Time John Horsch Oakland, CA, USA J 105 34
                      8. USA 400 Don Wieneke Don Wieneke CYC Sausalito, CA, USA J105 34.5
                      9. USA 26 Donkey Jack Rolf Kaiser St. Francis YC San Francisco, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      10. USA 149 Jabberwocky Brent Vaughan stfyc Portola Valley, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      11. USA 434 Jam Session Adam Spiegel Treasure Island Sailing Center San Francisco, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      12. USA 119 Mojo Jeff Littfin / John Case San Mateo, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      13. USA 196 Risk Jason Woodley / Scott Whitney St. Francis Seattle , WA, USA J 105 34.5
                      14. USA 511 Sophia Ryan Fenchel Los Gatos, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      15. USA 157 Walloping Swede Theresa Brandner-Allen St. Francis Yacht Club San Francisco, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      16. USA 355 Whisper Marc Vayn St. Francis South San Francisco, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      17. USA 181 Wianno Edward Walker San Francisco, CA, USA J 105 34.5
                      18. USA 266 Wonder Tom Kennelly Richmond Yacht Club San Rafael, CA, USA J 105 34.5

J 120
                      1. USA 28484 Chance Barry Lewis STFYC Atherton, CA, USA J 120 40
                      2. USA 28904 Dayenu Donald Payan St Francis Y.C. Hillsborough, CA, USA J 120 40
                      3. USA 28486 Desdemona John S. Wimer SFYC Half Moon Bay, CA, USA J 120 40
                      4. USA 46730 Grace Dances Dick Swanson StFYC Los Altos Hills, CA, USA J 120 40
                      5. USA 28289 Mr. Magoo Stephen Madeira StFYC Menlo Park, CA, USA J 120 40
                      6. USA 28442 Twist Timo Bruck Mountain View, CA, USA J 120 40

Comment

It looks like we have another weekend of doing W/L racing on the city front With the same old suspects to entertain the guest at the StFancy grill room…………….I feel so used!

Forecast is looking ok with some wind but it might be a bit “damp” on Sunday.

Saturday: WSW wind 7 to 12 kt. Partly sunny.

Sunday: SSE wind 8 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail.

Edit..........its great to see WS got things put back together in time to make the regatta!!

Comment

Originally posted by war dog View Post
                          Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail.
                          Life's hard, wear a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Tuna View Post
                            Life's hard, wear a helmet.
                            don't need to I have a kick-ass mask that protects me from the elements,ridicule and any and all snide comments that may come from the back of the boat or the internet!!!!!

Comment

Lightning?

Comment

Working...
                              X