Screw the DDR ! . . . Who's ready to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw the DDR ! . . . Who's ready to

Head back outside the gate ? The Cal20 Can O WhoopAss is at Def Con 2 ,,, Highly alert and concerned ! ....

We will be re tuning the rig this next week and stocking provisions for a 10 hour run !

Any suggestions out there ? to make my day just a bit more enjoyable ? and or how to squeek just a little bit more speed out of the little girl ? the up wind work will be torture , but hopefully 25 miles downwind at 8-10 knots will make up for it !

Cheers
    -Paul

As a side note ,,, I have 750 ml of Sailor Jerry to the one who can guess the Cal20's corrected time the closest ! My skip and I might also guess also , just for fun but will not collect on the bet... Who's first ?

Opps .. I forgot to mention I was talking about the Double handed Farallon race ,,, my bad

Comment

Tuesday ?

Comment

After the solo version I've been asking myself if I really want to visit the stinky rocks twice in three weeks. I suppose, but I hope it's a milder ride than the last one.

Make sure your cockpit drains are clear. In fact, lashing a big tank or something in the cockpit to reduce the volume would be good. Wear your tethers. Seriously.

I'll guess 2200 for your finish time. That works out to about 9 1/2 hrs. corrected.

Comment

P.S. - When you see "DDR" does anyone else think "Dr. Don Rose!"

"San RAQUEL!!!" (etc.) Yep, I'm old . . .

Comment

Originally posted by BobJ View Post

"San RAQUEL!!!" (etc.) Yep, I'm old . . .
            KFRC................yep I remember Dr Don..

Have fun and be safe out there all with tnhe winds predicted for tonight the seas could be up Sat am!!!!

Comment

It's still a week out. If The Canster goes out tomorrow I'm revising my corrected finish estimate.

Comment

We might just need that week head start ,eh ?

No seriously though , I just gotta go sailing ,, I just pulled back to back 70 hour weeks and the OYRA series is spread just a little too far apart !

We had a top ten finish in the TBF and then corrected out first overall in the SSS Corinthian race ,, SO we should have a first in DH for the SSS series....BUT NO , We didn't join at the correct time so ,,,,, NOW it's time to F with them all ,,,

The Can is on a rampage !

Fair warning ,, We'll port tack the start and Starboard your 200k boats whenever we CAN !

Bob , thanks for the input , tethers out side the gate are a given , full hatchboard , and three drains also , the lazerette is secured...

Cheer's , Paul

Comment

Ok I may be a bit confused here but wasn’t the Double handed Farallon race back in April?? What are you getting on about here Paul? The crewed Farallon race that you are doing D/H? If so fantastic have a great race and be safe but why the hate for the DDR?

Comment

Who wants to go watch some stick-ball in the rain tonite?
                    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by BobJ View Post
                      The first thing I think of is East Germany. I'm plenty old enough to remember Dr. Don, but I guess I didn't listen to him much.

Comment

Yup ,, my bad , it's the fully crew'd race ,,, but with only one time frame guess from Bob ,, Well , that would probably make him the winner of the rum ,,, I was just trying to change the subject ,, No HATE involved ....

Four day's till the Can O WhoopAss ,,, hit's the rockpile ,,, and YES , i do believe it's going to be brutal ! ! ! Haven't started looking at anything yet , but I do believe I read that you could round in either direction .... Hmmmm, I will have to read the instructions one more time !

Cheers ! Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X