No announcement yet.

Stockton South Tower Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the report Froggy, what time did you reach Blackaller?

Comment

we made it to blackhallel around 5:00AM next morning Saturday and back to stockton just before 5:00 PM so only one night of sailing in the dark!

Comment

Originally posted by war dog
        that was one of my/our funest South tower races and I did 6 or 7 and I know you did a bunch more than me.....Shit let's do it again!!!!
        We're planning doing the race this year....on a folding pickle-fork.

Will be my first.

Cheers!!!

-3D

Comment

Short tacking up the delta from the SSC to about San Pablo bay will be a bitch on a pickle-fork but after that things will start to get fun.

I'm thinking this might be a fun year to get PHRT together for another South Tower Race anyone know the date this year?
          Paaaaalease...........

Your not still one of those "multis don't point", or "multis are slow in light air" guys are you?

You really need to get out on one and give it a tri. ;-)

The invitation is still open!!!

......and we've got cookies!!!

Cheers!!!

-3D

Comment

nope not slagging multis at all!!! I did the ST once on a Swan 47 and I'm sure the tri hull would be much more fun but it's a lot of short tacking for the first 6-8 hours.

I would love to take you up on the offer......what's the next race with a open spot?
            W.D,

No worries......just funnin with ya. ;-)

Many years ago, there were several F-27s that used to do the race every year. My favorite story from one of the vets was how, during his first S-ST race, he swore he would NEVER do it again. Told himself the same thing every year for the next five years in a row. ;-)

I'll PM you our 2012 schedule.

Cheers!!!

-3D

Comment

Working...
            X