PITCH - Pacific International Tonner Championships - September 2,3,4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PITCH - Pacific International Tonner Championships - September 2,3,4

Remember PITCH? Remember Son of PITCH? Well it ain't what it used to be, no IOR Racing, no Brawls in the yacht club, no fires in the parking lot, but they still got a regatta going on with PHRF and One Design racing. Maybe it's time for a new name, got any ideas?

Registration is open at pitch.byc.org and discounted early registration is up until the 20th so get on it. There are 18 boats entered as of today with PHRF and San Juan 24's (I guess they are an old IOR boat).

Who's going?

Who's got a good new name?
    A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

So who is going to win this year? Looks like the class to be in is the San Juan 24's. Tumbleweed and Merlin are the local boats that are fast. Skamokawa, Renaissance and Majic Juan are the faster Oak Harbor boats.

My pick for the class is (see below). Should be close racing. I will be surprised if anyone just sails away with the victory.

1st Skamokawa
    2nd Tumbleweed
    3rd Majic Juan

Comment

You know it's great to see the Juan 24's out in numbers again. What a great platform to get people out having fun sailing and racing again. Cheap to buy, cheap to buy a set of sails for, bullet proof construction. When's the last time 9 SJ24's where on the line since before or after NA's? Do they still race on the lake?

Comment

Tonner?

That include crew, aquavit and lumpfisk?

Comment

and the frozen sails

Comment

it has been a long time Ben. 4-6 boats has been pretty common. The fleet on the lake is still there. The Oak Harbor fleet and the Bellingham Fleet are trending up in numbers.

Comment

We're going to bring up Dart #2 "Gargleblaster" And enter it in the PHRF fleet.

Fingers crossed!

-jim lee (And no, I won't be driving it)

Comment

uhhh, Gargleblaster? There must be a story.

Comment

Full name would be Pan Galactic Gargle blaster.

-jim lee

Comment

Uh Huh.

Here is the bay cam

Comment

So is anything happening or is PITCH a FLOP? Looks like a bit of Praying In The Calm Harbor to me... How many boats showed up? We'll be out today on the Westerly for a shakedown, probably swing nearby the bay to see how it is going.

Comment

Looks like they got a few races off on each day in less than 5 knots.....

Comment

Working...
                        X