No announcement yet.

Windjammers 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard from the Race Committee that the Windjammers is CANCELLED due to southerly swell/surge. Very odd but I can't say I'll be missing the slow beat to weather.

Comment

This sucks Big Dog balls!! I guess I understand their decision but it still sucks as I will now either have to work tomorrow or I will get a big list of "honney do's" around the house..............CRAP

Anyone want to go sailing and need crew tomorrow?

September 1, 2011—Attention Windjammers Participants:
      The Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor has been experiencing some significant surges that are damaging the docks that have already been weakened by the tsunami that occurred earlier this year. The surges are the result of a storm down in Antarctica that is sending large swells in our direction. These swells, which are projected to increase over the next two days, are causing hazardous conditions at the harbor mouth.
      With the recommendation of harbor management, the Windjammers have agreed that, in the interest of safety, it is best that we cancel the 2011 Windjammers Race. This decision has not been easy to make. This is the first time the race has been cancelled, except in the time of war in the 1940's.
      Please be assured that your entry fee will be refunded. We are sorry for any disappointment and hardship this may have caused you, but we are looking forward to a great race next year.

Windjammer Skipper

Comment

Well I don't feel so bad about not having my shit together with crew and yard problems.

http://www.windjammersrace.org/

September 1, 2011—Attention Windjammers Participants:
        The Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor has been experiencing some significant surges that are damaging the docks that have already been weakened by the tsunami that occurred earlier this year. The surges are the result of a storm down in Antarctica that is sending large swells in our direction. These swells, which are projected to increase over the next two days, are causing hazardous conditions at the harbor mouth.

With the recommendation of harbor management, the Windjammers have agreed that, in the interest of safety, it is best that we cancel the 2011 Windjammers Race. This decision has not been easy to make. This is the first time the race has been cancelled, except in the time of war in the 1940's.

Please be assured that your entry fee will be refunded. We are sorry for any disappointment and hardship this may have caused you, but we are looking forward to a great race next year.
        Bob Simpkins

Windjammer Skipper

Comment

Probably a desicion for the better. It would dicey to enter the harbor at night, with a swell and no wind. I've seen the harbor entrance looking scary in the day time with big swell. I couldn't imagine trying to time the swell at night to make the harbor mouth.

Comment

Crap............my wife just saw an e-mail saying the race has been canceled.............Guess I'll have a nice clean garage by tomorrow afternoon and will head to the cabin as soon as the kids get out of school!! I’m thinking I’ll sooth the pain with some Laser sailing on Tomales bay on Sat that and the bottle of Pyrat I picked up for the race should do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by war dog View Post
              This sucks Big Dog balls!! I guess I understand their decision but it still sucks as I will now either have to work tomorrow or I will get a big list of "honney do's" around the house..............CRAP
              Mama War Dog is busy and asked if we could put together a little honey doo list for you, I'll get it started:

1) Wake up and cook b-fast for mamma san and chitlins

2) Take Chitlins to school

3) Mow the lawn

4) Drain the hot tub and fill with clean water

5) Scrub the swimming pool and sew the rips in the cover

6) Change the oil in the cars and rotate the tires

7) Wash cars

8) Run to Costco and get supplies for weekend

9) Give the dog a bath

10) Marinate the chicken and steak

11) Wash and wax the kitchen floor

12) Run to the DMV and get the registration issuse fixed

13) Stop by Video Shack and get some chick flicks for weekend

14) Pick up kids from school

15) Do the laundry

16) Pack for weekend

17) Run to Vals and get some grub

18) Tuck kids in

...did I miss any?
              " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Photoboy View Post
                Mama War Dog is busy and asked if we could put together a little honey doo list for you, I'll get it started:

...did I miss any?

Yep.......Clean the garage were the first words out of her mouth. I don't blame her I've been meaning to get to it since we moved in......Last year!! Humm lunch at Val’s you have been telling me about this place for a while maybe I’ll try it out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by war dog View Post
                  Yep.......Clean the garage were the first words out of her mouth. I don't blame her I've been meaning to get to it since we moved in......Last year!! Humm lunch at Val’s you have been telling me about this place for a while maybe I’ll try it out tomorrow.
                  Vals? In Alviso Vals? ROFL. There are waitresses in that place that were working when the town of Drawbridge was visited by kings and princes for the world famous waterfowling.
                  The last time I was there the food was good, drinks were strong, and it really felt like the restaurant at the end of the universe.

Comment

Nope, Vals in Hayweird

http://www.allmenus.com/ca/hayward/1...-burgers/menu/

Best damn shake on the planet and their burgers are the real deal...been
                    around since the 50's...

Comment

http://www.santacruzlive.com/blogs/photo/?p=2666

Stinky the whale dancing off Steamers....

© Michael Sack, Sanctuary Cruises Whale Watching

Comment

Don't forget the basket of fries, great place for lunch

Comment

Working...
                        X