• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Red Bull Flutag SF 2012: Lake Havasu Meets Bay To Breakers

Unless you got there very early, somewhere in the 10:30-11:00 time frame, the limited
      anchoring was already consumed for sizable boats. If you had something like a 25 ski boatof smaller, it was possible to navigate to the western section of the cove.

I had stopped by earlier and recognized that the early large boats had dropped hooks pretty willy nilly,and that would eliminate large vessels from getting close but smaller, more rubbery boats would be able to slowly negotiate the Lake Havasu like set up with large rafts of boats, intertwined with anchor rodes, people motoring about,
      attempting to anchor. Lots of recognizable faces in the crowd, and the land side was packed 6-10 people deep all around the cove. The Giants had opened AT&T up as well and were showing the video stream on the the jumbo tron as well as a smaller screen facing the cove, However, for the majority of boats, visibility was limited.

Mucho thanks to Max and his crew for the brewski and platform from which to shoot!

The 32 registered team plus a special guests mostly succeeded in inglorious direct dumpage into the bay,with little forward momentum. Yes there was some contrived dancing before hand, designed to entertain? Or waste time?

Costumes were impressive and each team had a theme, some very well done, kinda like Bay to Breakers without all the silly running.

In the end, the Team Movember was the ultimate distance gainer, soaring some 54 with the abs and Tyvek contraption

The Spirit of 17 was the shows Finale, constructed from remnants of the AC 72 heavily
      damaged wing and 2 carbon fiber SUP boards and piloted by its main creator, Shannon
      Falcone, she did have some nice forward progress, and was spared the finale fate of most of the other entries, shown below!

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

What do they win for their efforts?

Comment

Red Bull with an antibiotic kicker?

Comment

Lotta waste in the last photo. Todd Tholke might have made bank on this weekend.

Comment

re Todd: hahahahaaaa

Comment

good, that answers my question about the debris littering the cover bottom! great fotos and righteous reporting!!!

Comment

Working...
                X