Chris Corlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Corlett

Did you guys know that Chris passed away last Friday?

Nick - thanks for sharing this news. Sad news indeed though, any info on when his service is?

Comment

First I've heard.
      Seemed pretty healthy last time I saw him.
      Had you seen him since you both got back from the PacCup?

Pretty much sucks.
      Another nice guy and local legend passes.

Comment

I'll let you know when I find out Thomas. For those that didn't know Chris, you missed out. If you put a mast on a lawnmower, he'd beat you with it. Great sailor, but he admittedly had his demons. Let's try to be a bit more mindful in our choices in his memory.

Comment

Stuart, Chris was back at work before NSA arrived in Kaneohe.

Comment

That sounds about normal...
            Condolences to the family and friends.

Comment

Major bummage.

Comment

Fair winds and following seas.............

Comment

Far too young.

Sincere condolences to Chris's family.

Comment

I don't know the person BUT i echo Charlie Tuna: Fair Winds and Following Seas... to his friends and family my sincere condolences. there's got to be a bit of demons in everyone to live this life of a sailor.

_MG_1210.jpg

Comment

There is an obituary online now: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ins...d=161280825#fb

It notes that there will be a service at Encinal YC Friday Nov 30 at 1:00pm.

It's been a great honor to sail quite a lot with Chris over the last few years on Split Water, which I bought from him. What a great experience, cumulating with this past summer's Pacific Cup.
                      He was excited to do another Hawaii race, particularly with his son Jesse. I sure do miss him. We were just getting ready to dive into the Berkeley midwinters in Dec. damn.

David B

Comment

VERY VERY SAD NEWS! Good guy...great sailor.

Big loss for the sailing community and the Corlett family. My thoughts are with you Jesse and your family.

Aaron

Comment

Yes, there will be a memorial / celebration of life for Chris at Encinal YC this Friday, November 30th at 1300. Please feel free to bring any photos or stories to share if you are so inclined. Terrible loss...

Comment

Anyone out there either remember or (better yet) have a copy of the "John Beery Spyglass" 'catalog' from the 1970's with the article on "Animal Farm", the Tom Wylie half-tonner Chris and Bill Carter finished off and raced the blazes out of? She won the 74 Half-Ton North Americans. Good times!

Comment

I'm sadden to hear of Chris' passing. I sailed with Chris for years on a Santana 35 (Wildflower). A good man with good spirit and good stories to tell. My thoughts are with his family.

Comment

Working...
                              X