Fort Mason Rehab Vision Finalists Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Mason Rehab Vision Finalists Announced

3 Finalists in the Fort Mason Design Competition have been announced!

http://www.fortmason.org/aboutus/design-competition

Below are a few of the artists concepts, for you viewing pleasure. You can click on the individuality pages for each a little further down below. One of them has movable pontoons/docks which could be used for view the America's Cup. That is if Artemis or ETNZor Luna Rossa don't yank it outta here this summer....

Public opinion is also open. A sail up In & Out franchise hasn't been mentioned...yet...

Don't see much sail boat access either, would not a place for boats to pick up and drop off people be a great idea?

"For over 35 years Fort Mason Center has served as a unique community destination in San Francisco, hosting arts and cultural events, organizations, and programs in historic warehouse buildings and piers along San Francisco’s scenic northern waterfront. It is an extraordinary example of repurposing former military land and buildings for contemporary uses, including museums, performance spaces, and a vibrant schedule of art and cultural exhibitions and events. Located just inside San Francisco Bay, Fort Mason Center is part of the National Park Service’s Golden Gate National Recreation Area."

"The Fort Mason Center design competition is seeking creative and practical design concepts to further enliven and integrate the site. The design should enable Fort Mason Center to realize its full potential, both as a vital and stimulating location for arts and culture, and as an attractive destination for enjoyment of the site."

"Three finalists – Bruner/Cott, West 8 and AMP Arquitectos - were selected from twenty invited firms to consider an enhanced plan for the Fort Mason Center campus. Their entries will be evaluated on design merit and the positive impact the proposal will have on the center to select a winner for the competition. Links to the design proposals for the three finalists are below and are on display at Fort Mason Center in Building D:"

Bruner/Cott

West 8

AMP Arquitectos

Please let us know what you think. You can email comments to us at design-competition@fortmason.org.

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Now why would you need kayak access with Crissy Field just 1 mile to the west?

Comment

Are they serious? The surge under those piers will rip apart anything floating.

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Comment

Yessssss.
        A lot of stupid shirt in those plans.
        The piers are interesting as originally designed. Just rehab them, make them safe for visitors and accessible for all. Same for the rest of the fort. Resolve transportation and access issues pack the building full of schools, exhibits, historical displays.... another restaurant or pub would be nice. Something "G" rated with a view, food and prices for regular folks....

Comment

oh well, remember that this is "historic" Ft Mason and its busy touristy location? probably not prices for the regular people that YOU and I could afford but most likely high like most everything else in and near the Marina Green

Comment

Originally posted by familysailor View Post
            Yessssss.
            A lot of stupid shirt in those plans.
            The piers are interesting as originally designed. Just rehab them, make them safe for visitors and accessible for all. Same for the rest of the fort. Resolve transportation and access issues pack the building full of schools, exhibits, historical displays.... another restaurant or pub would be nice. Something "G" rated with a view, food and prices for regular folks....
            With all government agencies virtually broke where are the funds coming from ?

Comment

santa?

Comment

Originally posted by fototaker View Post
                oh well, remember that this is "historic" Ft Mason and its busy touristy location? probably not prices for the regular people that YOU and I could afford but most likely high like most everything else in and near the Marina Green
                They could fix that...

Comment

Originally posted by bowline View Post
                  With all government agencies virtually broke where are the funds coming from ?
                  City of SF Budget... They never know where their funds go anyway, so what's another billion or two?

Comment

No mermaid tanks? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by familysailor View Post
                      City of SF Budget... They never know where their funds go anyway, so what's another billion or two?
                      Like $150K bird studies to see if racing AC45's has changed the migratory habits of birds, $100K of which was attorneys fees ?

We owe a debt of gratitude to Peshkin, well, at least the debt part.

Comment

I read that SF's budget deficit this year is 6.6 B,B,bbbbillion! And we're not talkin' billions of pigeons.... there are only around 800 thousand if those. (citizens, don'tchaknow)

Did I do the math right? That's $8250 per pidgeon. My calculator may have gagged on the numbers, or that might have been me...noisy anyway.

Here's a link:
                        http://www.sfweekly.com/2009-12-16/n...ty-in-the-u-s/

Comment

How about they paint the building pink, add some water transport hubs and call it "Fairy Mason"

I'll be here all week.

Try the duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of Whales View Post
                            No mermaid tanks? WTF?
                            Pier 39 aquarium... no?

Comment

I was thinking something like this

Comment

Working...
                              X