Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYC Mid Winters

photo © Happy Gilmour

Still editing from Saturdays arrival of Mazerati, before plowing head long into the CYC
    images...

Saturdays Results

Sundays Results

Anybody witness this on Saturday?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ident-tiburon/
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

We were finishing while the reach helecopter circled,, fire boat crossed through the finish line the wrong direction and there was a firetruck near elephant rock... This went on for a good half hour... Must have been when the ferry was returning to port,
    I was told by some one at the CYC , a person may have been thrown through the power boat windshield.

Nice Foto ,

Comment

Happy Gilmour sails Cal 20's?

Who knew?

Comment

Saw the small boat at the ferry dock. Looked bad.
        Good story with images here:
        http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8996392

Comment

Those ferries are hard to see when sporting beer goggles!

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of Whales View Post
            Happy Gilmour sails Cal 20's?

Who knew?
            They need to fix that railing cap. Yeah, that's all I got. Monday morning . . .

Comment

Pete Melvin, joins Ur's Rothatcher, Ian Andrewes of American Youth Sailing Force and two members of the British entry. (GBR Youth Challenge) of the Red Bull Youth America's Cup for some training and racing at the CYC's 1st Annual Rob Moore Memorial Regatta Saturday — with Urs Rothacher, Pete Melvin, gbr youth challenge and Ian Andrewes

Comment

Originally posted by Photoboy View Post

photo © Happy Gilmour

Still editing from Saturdays arrival of Mazerati, before plowing head long into the CYC
                images...

Saturdays Results

Sundays Results

Anybody witness this on Saturday?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ident-tiburon/
                It was probably the sun reflecting off the trophy that blinded the powerboater momentarily causing him
                to swerve into the ferry boat at a high rate of speed.

Comment

Just saw in the news that one of the boaters died -

Comment

SAUSALITO (CBS SF) – One of two people injured when a Golden Gate Ferry and a 22-foot motorboat collided in the San Francisco Bay on Saturday has died, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said Monday morning.

The victim was identified as 68-year-old Harry Holzhauer, of Tigard, Ore., Coast Guard Lt. j.g. Mark Leahey said.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ith-motorboat/

Condolences to next of kin, at least he went out with a bang!

Messed up way to start a 3 day weekend.

Comment

1st Annual Rob Moore Memorial Regatta

The Sun shown and the wind blew. The CYC's 1st annual Rob Moore Memorial Regatta
                      was basked in all things good, much like Rob Moore himself, no doubt smiling from above. With winds from the north and a negligible tide shift, Saturdays participants enjoyed a race downhill start and pleasant ride across the Bay to the City Front to Blossom and back. Don Payan's new MC38, "Whiplash" did not fare well Saturday, but finally got their 1st Ace Sunday when the more traditional westerlies filled in..

Alpha Puppy leads a group from PHRF 2

Mark Dowdy's SC 50' "Hana Ho" doing the Chicken Coop proud!

Trygve (Trig) Liljestrand's J-90 "Ragtime" in front and drawing well

Ian Mathews C&C 29-1 " Siento el Viento" surrounded bay IOD's "Fjaer" and "Bolero"

Cal -a - Bunga, 5 Cal 20's on the line thanks to persistant nagging by Richard vonEhrenkrook in Can o' Whoopass, which beat all comers by a handsome margin...

J-105's were well represented with 8 boats in attendance, here Rolf Kaisers "Donkey Jack" in front.

As Rob Moore himself might say "A Classic Cluster F#@% at Blossom"

Currently rated #6 on the National Mens Basketball rankings, whoever scribbled this
                      is overly optimistic...We all know Cal is going to maul the competition in March...

Moore PicsRight HERE!!

Comment

Working...
                      X