Race to the Straits 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race to the Straits 2013

100 shorthanded boats duking it out from Seattle to Port Townsend Saturday, and Back on Sunday. The first weekend in May, and entries are capped at 100 boats!

The Party is back at the American Legion Hall Saturday night. Keg at the skippers meeting, kegs at the party in Port Townsend, kegs at the awards. What more could you want?

STYC has reserved the entire Point Hudson Marina and every boat wanting to tie up there is charged a flat fee of $30 with their entry form for the privilege of mooring there.

Visit the race site and get registered!

Event Site
    Last edited by Ballard Sailor; 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM.
    A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

ICON is in again. Hopefully won't get stuck in the marina on Sunday morning again...
    Anacortes Rigging.com Rigging and Yacht Services

Comment

We'll be there with the Moore, just waiting to spread out entry fees, February and March are tough on the bank account! Crazy about the moorage though, I don't ever remember paying $30 for mooring there, but oh well, it'll be great for the bigger boats! really looking forward to it, hope it's not an ass kicker!

Comment

saw the title and thought it was the straits of Gibraltar!! good luck everyone!!!

Comment

Just like it, Straits of Juan De Fuca. 100 shorthanded boats sailing to Port Townsend from Seattle Saturday, partying till the wee hours and then racing back on sunday. Good times.

Comment

Ok, More Uff Da is Entered.

Comment

This is a pretty good race for the Moores and the SC27s. Having the ability to slip along the beach in the shallows at the point at Marrowstone has let the little boats free the last couple of years. Whereas I have been tidally flushed...

That said, we're signed up and excited about it. $30 for moorage is cheap for Kotuku, but a steal for Icon!

Comment

have a FABULOUS time!! wanna see pixs!!! aside from a few naval vessels (over 50k tongs and much more), a few whaleboats and LCMs, i can honestly say i've never been on a sailboat. it must be wild and great to feel that cool sharp wind on your skin and pee into the wind (nooo, the leeward side you idiot!!!!). but i regress: that would mean i'd need to learn to swim! HA!!!

Comment

11 day's away and there are 103 shorthanded boats entered - awesome! - registered boats

why would they schedule a safety at sea seminar on the same day as the biggest shorthanded race of the year - doesn't make sense....

Comment

If the certified SAS instructors had been available any other time.......

Comment

seems odd that the largest number of people that could benefit from this seminar will be out racing....

Comment

Originally posted by Ballard Sailor View Post
                        seems odd that the largest number of people that could benefit from this seminar will be out racing....
                        don't disagree but its a requirement for VanIsle that at least two people be on each boat for every leg with current ISAF SAS,
                        Hopefully more classes will be offered.

Comment

I would have liked to take it as we're doing the Chicago Mac this year, hopefully next time.

Up to 104 boats for Race to the Strait!

Comment

Up to 115 boats and the weather couldn't be better!

Comment

No racing for me, since I have a broken foot.. But I headed down to Edmonds Saturday morning to clean the boat.. It was quite a sight watching all the boats beating upwind to Port Townsend. I must admit I'm a bit jealous...
                              David
                              1987 Canadian Sailcraft 36 Merlin
                              "Kyrie"
                              Edmonds, Washington
                              Salish Sea

Comment

Working...
                              X