2013 Lipton Cup in Cal 20s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Lipton Cup in Cal 20s

So, it's official. On Saturday, the 13th of July, the Lipton Series Admiral's Cup will be sailed in Cal 20s!! Three Races, each YC posting an entry. War Dog, it's time to shake off the cobwebs. Think of it as a warm-up for the offshore grudge-match in August, to Drake's Bay. All others, head to your nearest marina, and pick up one, Easom it out, and we'll meet in July. Represent your Club!

Sir Thomas Lipton must be SO PROUD!

Comment

Tea Baggers Unite!

Comment

I think it's great that you gents will settle your differences on the race course!

Comment

Do you think we can get Stan Honey to do the video overlay for the broadcast?

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Hey, guys, I don't control PICYA. I'm just saying that all those who hit the "DIS THIS" button, every time the subject of an offshore capable, budget-friendly, fun-as hell platform hits the pages, now have a golden opportunity to walk the talk. Just sayin'...

Comment

So, someone rolls up on Paul at the RYC, and rants about how hard it is that PICYA gives the Lipton Admiralty Cup to the Cal 20s, and how easy is is for the Can to dominate. I can't find out who that fool was, but we only dominate if all the other PICYA clubs don't send a team.

So far, we have ourselves, representing the SFYC; Howard Martin/George Blackman on Recluse, representing RYC; Jim Snow and company on Raccoon, representing the Corinthian; some hot sailors on Fjording, leased to the Sausalito YC, and who else??? StFYC??

Do you love your club? Represent!! We're not invincible. Both Recluse and Fjording have beat us in multi-race regattas in the past two years. The Clubs down the Estuary (OYC, EYC, IYC, and AYC) need only to contact Steve Seal, as he is available, as Ronin, to bring the pain on a boat he's rigged. The owner is down, so it's an easy turnkey. I don't even want to talk about the SSS, who won't sponsor Dave Gardner, on Coyote, who sports a new suit of North sails.

C'mon. C.W. Lapworth is watching.

Comment

I talked to Dave last weekend and he didn't say a word about it, so leave the SSS out of your little rant.

Comment

Jeez, Bobby, you're like a seagull at the ballgame, ready to lay a turd anywhere, and any time. Bring your boat to the line. I've had several discussions with Dave, and he's getting no love from the SSS, who should be actively seeking a skipper to represent. If you're not part of this as a competitor, you're just boring, as usual.

Comment

Dave hasn't been speaking with any of us on the SSS board. If he had been, he would know that SSS is not a PICYA club. Who has he been talking to (or are you talking out of your ass again)?

Speaking of bringing a boat to the line, how are those lifelines coming along?

Comment

Crickets . . .

Comment

Ooh, my bad! SSS not a member of PICYA. How cheesy is that? They really should come out of the shadows, as they've become the cheap way to get into YRA. Kinda like the old Cal Sailing Club, but with T-shirts. SSS should step up. Lipton Cup is a venue for all the associations/clubs to send their best to the line. That should leave you out...

See you on the ocean soon.

Comment

SSS should "step up" to your three boat "competition" when we have the best race participation on the Bay? Okay sure . . .

I notice you avoided the question - who was Dave allegedly talking to? You dissed my club - now back it up.

Comment

If it's a Club, it should pony up and join PICYA. Or is it too good to go slumming? I'm a member of SSS, for the record. But why are you farting away in the room here, when you don't have the brass to actually race the event?

I'll not drag anyone else into this. I'll only say the obvious: SSS should be endorsing a boat in each and all divisions of the 2013 Lipton Cup, as should all Yacht Clubs on SF Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X