Extra Dart for WIRW, Needs a crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Dart for WIRW, Needs a crew

Paul & Todd have both entered their Darts into WIRW. Mark was going to race Dart #1, but can't make it. So, if anyone's interested, I've a spare Dart that's kinda' up for grabs to do this year's Whidbey Island Race week. Who can give me the best reason, cash, experience, dancing girls, to let them crew & enter this Dart in the race?

Of course, deposit on Dart #5 trumps all entries..

#1 is the thrasher Dart. But its also the one that just won the Round Whidbey Island Race by over 4 hours. So, it can move right along in the right hands.

Let see what people have to offer.

-jim lee

Wow!
    Great opportunity for someone.
    I'd love to, but have no experience sailing the great Northwest.

Trade #5 for a Beneteau 36.7? It doesn't fit on a trailer, but you could deliver #5 down here and Pac Cup back to your place via Hawaii.

Comment

Well.. What year is the Beneteau?

-jim lee

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Deep or shoal draft?

-jim lee

Comment

Deep---
            I don't think there are any shoal draft on the west (left) coast.

Comment

Well, depending on condition, I don't see any reason why not.

Post some pix of the machine and we'll take a look.

It does run and sail right?

-jim lee

Comment

117301640.0WEyexTM.jpgYes. It's the one in front.....
                PM might be the way to continue this conversation.

Comment

It's a very, very well cared for 36.7, with a recent epoxy bottom put on her, totally longboarded. If you asked, I'd wager that the owner could e convinced to leave a fine bottle of sugar cane extract on her. If you were ever tempted by a 36.7, this is a very nice one.

Comment

And then everything got real quiet..

-jim lee

Comment

PM sent....
                      I think.

Comment

SO far we have..

Phillip from Tx - Offers B25 experience.
                        Gavin from Vancouver BC - Offers naming of firstborn
                        Stuart from Navato CA - Offers Beneteau 36.7 for Dart #5, maybe..
                        Krak from Tahoe CA - Offers Melges & WIRW experience along with youth group PR.
                        Kent from KT - Offers B2 experience and is a LC customer.

-jim lee

Comment

Jim--
                          Can't do the race. Timing, lack of experience in your local waters, lack of crew and lack of recent experience in anything other than a lead mine makes the decision to pick someone more worthy easy for you...

The other thing, I'm still working on.

Comment

Currently..

Gavin from Vancouver BC - Offers naming of firstborn.

familysailor - Offers Beneteau 36.7 for Dart #5, maybe..
                            - Backs out of WIRW, Says he still wants Dart #5 though. We'll see..

- Visited the factory. (Drove up from Calif.) Saw all things left Coast. Wants to do WIRW, but needs to clarify his offer.

Kent from KT - Offers B25 experience and is a LC customer.

That's where things stand today. Hope I didn't miss anyone..

-jim lee

Comment

No one else over here?

Gavin from Vancouver BC - Offers naming of firstborn.

Stuart from Navato CA - Offers Beneteau 36.7 for Dart #5, maybe..
                              - Backs out of WIRW, Says he still wants Dart #5 though. We'll see..

- Visited the factory. (Drove up from Calif.) Saw all things left Coast. Wants to do WIRW, but needs to clarify his offer.

Kent from KT - Offers B25 experience and is a LC customer.

Silverbullet - Offers.. Holding PHRF, WIRW experience, 1 qt. of gas, Bikini-clad crew, No broken hearts and lead haluing A COUPLE DAYS LATE!

Asymptote - Offers lots of racing experience. And, is a friend of Kilo's (Paul's) so that's in his favor.

Anyone else?

-jim lee

Comment

Working...
                              X