Aldo 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldo 2013

Any one here do the Aldo Friday, today or doing it tomorrow? I had to skip out on Friday but hear that the IRC boats that did the ocean course had a fun race with good wind. Today I was doing the dance of fools on the bow of Swiftsure...not our best showing with a 6,6,2 for the day but a fun day on the water! TNT missed the Friday race but looking at the #'s they would be doing great without the DNS.....Whiplash broke their rudder at the end of race 3 today so is most likely out for tomorrow a sad bit of news!!

It was some great sailing weather today - the only thing that would have made it better is some past due rum after the races

Comment

Originally posted by bowline View Post
      It was some great sailing weather today - the only thing that would have made it better is some past due rum after the races
      I would have enjoyed a visit with you but by the time you had your bowline secured we were all cleaned up and I was on my way to my kid's school to make Cotton Candy!

Comment

Originally posted by war dog View Post
        I would have enjoyed a visit with you but by the time you had your bowline secured we were all cleaned up and I was on my way to my kid's school to make Cotton Candy!

That's ok - by now, with interest the fifth has probably grown into a half gallon so the party justs gets bigger.

Good luck to you guys today, just not too much

Comment

Things are looking thin at the entrance...how did the fleet squeeze through?
          " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

There was a period in the 70's when silting at the entrance was not such an issue. Berths from the GGYC to the entrance were filled with a variety of vessels including a giant blue steel steam tug.
            Seems the problem became worse when dredging spoils started getting dumped on the west side of Alcatraz during flood tides. Prior to that I seem to remember spoils being taken offshore....
            Or,.... Might be brain fade.

Anyone else know or recall the Marina before "the beach"?

Comment

Gerard Sheridan's Elan 40' "Topelo Honey" edges out Frank Morrow's " Hawkeye by 1 point in the 3 day,
              6 race Aldo Alessio Memorial Regatta in the IRC A division at the StFYC this weekend. More to follow!

Results

Comment

Whiplash just before the rudder stock went bye bye.

Walloping Swede in front of a pack, just befor my engine stalled...ooops...

J-111 Madmen

Gerard's boat

Timo's boat

John's boat...(needs a new hull cleaner)

Risk, wondering if I was going to move...

Comment

It was a great weekend on the water!

Comment

Originally posted by Photoboy View Post

John's boat...(needs a new hull cleaner)
                    Thot I was gonna have to get all up in your grill there for a minute. Then I realized you were talking about Desdemona's funky topsides and not the bottom.
                    Clean bottoms are FastBottoms!

Comment

better late than never...MADMEN's Aldo video...
                      Props to the Skipper's son Max (home from 1st year of college) for video edit and production.
                      Fun 1st regatta...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcKqYQie6NE

Comment

Working...
                      X