No announcement yet.

2013 Crewed Duxship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No inspections,, well i saw at least five boats without the mel mast head antenna.... On the last light ship post, some one said a boat should be entered to have standing, well the freaking people won't let a boat enter, and now ,,, THERE ISN'T ANY INSPECTIONS , crap, bullshit , politics,,, you people give sailing a bad name

Comment

Paul, I was looking for an old photo on PD earlier today and was reading our posts from Duxship two years ago. Completely different tone = fun, positive. You guys are letting a completely affordable bit of gear screw up your whole season and attitude. It would be easy for you to get this sorted and be able to enter and race. Then you could, among other things, protest boats you think are non-compliant with the MEL. I suspect you'd discover your eyesight for masthead antennas isn't as good as you thought - or maybe it is.

Please reconsider. I think your skipper is a bit of an ass but no doubt that opinion is mutual. Regardless, do what's necessary to get that boat back on the line and we'll settle it on the water.

Comment

Folks, this is our community and I look forward to hear everyone's stories about racing and sailing (even Idiots). I'm not a fan of the constant whining, but I'm also not a fan of the folks not affected by the rules change continue to tell the folks affected that its not a big deal to have been treated as a minority and to get over it. That is likely what will end up happening, at least I know I've accepted it (for now), but it still rubs the wrong way to those that got poked in the eye. So it goes both ways.

How about that Delta Ditch coming up, forecast seems to be improving....
        http://jetstreamracing.blogspot.com/
        http://www.facebook.com/JS9045

Comment

What forecast model is showing that much wind?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitchin Bow Dude View Post
            What forecast model is showing that much wind?
            NWS is now saying 15 - 25. Though sailflow is still more conservative though hedging on some possible changes later in the week.
            http://jetstreamracing.blogspot.com/
            http://www.facebook.com/JS9045

Comment

You guys should try something like this to resolve your differences
              "Honey Badger don't give a shit"

Comment

Originally posted by DeathSpear View Post
                Folks, this is our community and I look forward to hear everyone's stories about racing and sailing (even Idiots). I'm not a fan of the constant whining, but I'm also not a fan of the folks not affected by the rules change continue to tell the folks affected that its not a big deal to have been treated as a minority and to get over it. That is likely what will end up happening, at least I know I've accepted it (for now), but it still rubs the wrong way to those that got poked in the eye. So it goes both ways.

How about that Delta Ditch coming up, forecast seems to be improving....
                Delta Ditch, fo' sho'! Dan, thank you for the kind words. You are not alone, but I don't expect to have anyone carry water for my cause. I'm reviewing the OYRA results now, and will probably chortle a bit in future. Save a regatta beer for us, when we roll in at 2230, and we'll share the rum!

Comment

And, to quote Elmore James: The Bell Has Tolled. So, we had our entry rejected, 'cuz the Big Bad Brahmins didn't see that small boats rocking ISAF tethers are just as safe, if not more, than non-tethered crews on boats with 18" cages. First, overall, corrected. You can bitch at how I make the point, but you can't dispute the numbers.

Plus, we had a really nice day on the water.

Love to our friends, and that's the way it is, to the haters.

Richard

Comment

But you weren't First Overall Corrected, because you WEREN'T FUCKING ENTERED you stupid stubborn son of a bitch!

Do you get it Richard, you're masturbating. Follow the fucking rules and you can actually get laid.

Jesus man, you are dense.

Comment

Richard, No One is out to get you. We have ALL begged you to take the half hour required to make CoW compliant. Instead, you're attempting to bully the NCORC and OYRA into capitulating to your desires. Sir, if I were your long time and faithful crew, I would have already planted my size 10 sea boots up your ass, because I know that I would deserve better. If I were a fellow competitor, I would be seriously questioning your sportsmanship.

Please pull your head out and join the fleet in his game that we all love. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Honey Badger View Post

You guys should try something like this to resolve your differences
                        Funny, but that's how we used to settle the bar tab back in the old days.

Comment

Working...
                        X