A Tribute To Noe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tribute To Noe

There are times when you feel like you may know someone, or have crossed paths at least a few times.

In this case, it is very much so, Nolan "Noe" Goodman is one those. Noe was one of the crew for the past 5 years on Ray Lotto's Express 27 "El Ratton" and Farr 53 "Atalanta". Speaking with Janet Lotto earlier today, she was completely saddened by the loss of Noe and could not say enough good things and positive things about "what level headed and positive young man he was". "He was always smiling and just a wonderful young man"

"He and his best friend Patrick Lewis would come up from Santa Cruz and put the boat (el Ratton) in the water and spend the night on Atalanta before Ocean Races, we would always have dinner at the club afterwards, he was always a great gentleman"

"We are just devastated, we had dinner with him in Stockton Saturday night and he was in fine spirits. He was like a surrogate son to us, we have crossed the ocean many times with Noe and sailed the buoy series. He was someone of great character"

image courtesy Janet Lotto

Nolan Noe Goodman passed away Saturday night or early Sunday morning, apparently falling overboard or off the dock in the wee hours next to his parents boat at the Stockton Sailing Clubs marina. He was spending the night on the vessel and only after he failed to show up in the morning, a frantic search ensued, with speculation that he might have hopped on a boat headed back to the Richmond Yacht Club. Unable to locate him, the family filed a missing person report, and the unthinkable thought that he might have fallen overboard became a reality. The Stockton Police came to the Club and request the assistance of the Stockton Fire Department's Dive team, which located Noe's expired body 10' from the family's boat in 10-15 feet of murky water.

Born October 15, 1984, Noe leaves behind a brother Andy and father Greg, mother Lynda grandmother Virginia & many friends. He was an employee at Santa Cruz Sails and was a student at UCSC, and had been talking about returning to finish his education.

We are looking for your stories, kind words, videos or stills of Noe. Please post them here or send them in to editor@pressure-drop.us.
    Last edited by Photoboy; 06-12-2013, 01:54 PM.
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Noe's good friend, team mate and co worker at Santa Cruz Sails, Patrick Lewis, passes along
    some of these images from better times.

Comment

NOE GOODMAN

Ray Lotto, my husband, owns and races an Express 27, El Raton. He has raced her for
      over 20 years. His crew, Steve Carroll, Patrick Lewis, Jordan Paxhia and Noe Goodman
      for the last five years have not only been crew members, but also FAMILY members.

They have been guests in our home, guests on our larger boat, a Bruce Farr 53, Atalanta, raced on Atalanta,
      spent nights on her, participated in many Opening Days on the Bay, Christmas Parades and other events.
      Ray and his crew came in first in the Express Fleet "Around the Buoy" races and the "SF Long Distance" races for the years 2010, 2011 and 2012.
      They have done well over a hundred races together. After the races we would always go to dinner together, usually at the St Francis Yacht Club.

It is with a heavy heart and a deep feeling of sadness that we report that we have lost one of our crew, Noe Goodman.
      Noe drowned at the Stockton Sailing Club the weekend of June 8th. It is a devastating tragedy.

Who was Noe Goodman? Noe was an exceptional young man and was of excellent character.
      He was intelligent, hard working, trust worthy, positive, enthusiastic, and very level headed and grounded.
      He was always positive and had a smile on his face. One evening Noe, Jordan and I were sitting at the bar at the St Francis Yacht Club
      and Jordan asked Noe, "You are always smiling and happy, do you ever get down?". Noe calmly looked at us and said,
      "Yes, I do. Once a year I am sad (he paused) for about 20 minutes"!

On June 9th at the Club when the staff heard about the loss of Noe, they came up to us with tears, hugs and condolences.
      They knew Noe because he and Patrick would come from Santa Cruz, put El Raton in the water and go in the Club for dinner.
      From time to time the staff would comment on how nice the Santa Cruz sailors were when they came in the Club.
      Over the years, we all had many wonderful experiences with Noe and we will forever treasure these precious memories.

Noe, you will always be in our hearts.

Janet Lotto

Comment

Nice job on the tribute. Sorry for the loss, Noe sounds like a very likeable person.

Still no idea what transpired?

Comment

Thank you for posting this PB.

So frikken sad.

Sail on Noe!

Comment

Too many people dying these days.

~RIP Noe~

Comment

seems the good ones always pass away too soon, while the miserable scum of the Earth stay for ages to annoy and molest everyone and then some. My condolences to his "family" and friends. Indeed, he sounds and looks like a very good young man.

Comment

Fair winds Nolan, you will be missed.

Comment

It was so great to see you at the Made in SC Race Week! Had some great times growing up sailing together! Gonna really miss you Bud!
                  Fuck you and yo Couch!!!

Comment

I got to know Noe back in the ’90s in the Richmond Junior Program. He was a total class act. This is a terrible and shocking loss. Sincerest condolences from me and my family to Greg, Linda and Andy, and to all the others who knew this wonderful person.

Tom Burden

Comment

To Ray and Janet, my deep regrets. To the Goodmans, I will light a Yarzeit.

Comment

Ah, damn. Noe, always fun to see you and the family at Huntington Lake, racing those crazy Mercurys we enjoy sailing.
                        You and Andy, always laughing and smiling, while your Dad (Greg) was hanging back, quietly enjoying life with your Mom.
                        My deepest, deepest condolences to the family.
                        Steve "#13" Rienhart

Comment

Ron and I were blessed with knowing NOE.

Originally posted by oldensloh View Post
                          I got to know Noe back in the ’90s in the Richmond Junior Program. He was a total class act. This is a terrible and shocking loss. Sincerest condolences from me and my family to Greg, Linda and Andy, and to all the others who knew this wonderful person.

Tom Burden
                          We are so happy that we got to see Noe last weekend in Santa Cruz. HE was quiet, always HAPPY, a joy to be around when he and Andy were Jr.s at the RCY El Toro program. Take care of yourself, Greg, Linda, and ANDY!!!
                          Martha and Ron Moore

Comment

We were blessed by KNOWING him!

To the entire 'sailing family' who knew Noe we are all in need of realizing how it easily could have been us! How many times Ron said it should have been him.
                            Take care of yourself Greg and family.
                            Ron and Martha MOORE

Comment

There will be a Memorial Picnic at Seabright Beach in Santa Cruz on Saturday June 29 2013 1500-1800.
                              ~~~_/) I am not your average girl (\_~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X