Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Ultimate 24's are actively sailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Ultimate 24's are actively sailing?

I have another dying thread going in Sailing in General. Figured I may as well keep at this and start a new thread.

I know that For Petes Sake races often. How many others are active in Nor Cal?
    I sail, therefore I am.

“If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.” Douglas Adams.

Have not seen much in the way of a fleet. FPS does seem the most active. Big Daddy, Vallejo, Ditch Run and Greta Pumpkin and maybe a 3BF are likely U24 sighting candidates...
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Only other one that is racing in the Bay is Maxx, but she does not come out that often. There are I think 1 or 2 more in the Bay but not racing at all. Really a shame, this is such a fun and stable boat. FPS also does some costal racing (e.g. double-handed Half Moon Bay and Spinnaker Cup).

Comment

For Petes Sake.

Maxx.

What are the names of the other Ultimate 24's around the bay area?
        I sail, therefore I am.

“If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.” Douglas Adams.

Comment

For search purposes, MAX has only one "X". There's also VUJA DE - the owner now has a J/105 by that name. There used to be a couple U24's at OCSC in Berkeley - I think they originally tried to market them through there. None are shown in their fleet now but if you're local, a stop into OCSC and BMC (next door) might be helpful. I'd also contact Jim Antrim.

Comment

Thanks for that BobJ.

I understood that Vuja De was sold to somewhere in the Northwest.

I'm not local which is why I'm hounding the Pressure Drop forums!
            I sail, therefore I am.

Comment

Bump, but with content.

These are the three that I think or know are still in the Bay area:

Cookie Girl, For Pete's Sake, Max.

Vuja De has gone farther north.

There should be I think at least two others in the bay area. Anyone know the names of the boats?
              I sail, therefore I am.

Comment

Have you contacted Jim Antrim yet? I think U24 owners might check in with the designer periodically - I would.

Comment

I sent him an email yesterday. No reply yet.
                  I sail, therefore I am.

Comment

Btw, where are the Bay Area ph ratings posted?
                    I sail, therefore I am.

Comment

Never mind I found it.
                      I sail, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker View Post
                        Bump, but with content.

These are the three that I think or know are still in the Bay area:

Cookie Girl, For Pete's Sake, Max.

Vuja De has gone farther north.

There should be I think at least two others in the bay area. Anyone know the names of the boats?
                        I found another one. Makahani. Does anyone know whether Cookie Girl got renamed fate she sold earlier this year?
                        I sail, therefore I am.

Comment

Hey Hitchhiker, I bought hull #9 about 18 months ago and keep it in San Francisco. I've been busy racing Express 27s, Santana 22s and some other boats, so I haven't done much racing on it. However, I'm slowly getting it back into racing shape (refinishing the carbon rig, fairing and painting the bottom, getting a new suit of sails and running rigging etc.) Though I haven't raced on it too much, I sail it 2-4 days a week after work and on the weekends and do a good amount of camping/cruising trips. I absolutely love the boat for its speed, huge cockpit and solid construction.

If you manage to find one for sale, let me know! I'd love to do some casual tuning practices with other U24s in the area.

Mike Jewell put together a nice resource page: http://www.justcallmeutah.net/sailin...ats/index.html

Comment

Working...
                          X