Introducing The Greater March Madness DH Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing The Greater March Madness DH Series

Call it a vision from the gods, a supernatural alignment of the planets or just some crazy circumstances which meant moving moving some regattas due to conflict with other events or unusual tides, but 2014 will witness back to back to back to back shorthanded events, beginning with the OYC's Rites of Spring on March 15, followed the next weekend with the legendary Double Handed Farallones sponsored by BAMA which in turn will be followed by the SSS's Corinthian race and finally capped off with the Island Yacht Club's Double Handed Lightship on the 5th of April.

Register Here

http://www.sfbama.org/
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Gonna be some tired ass mofos come April 6th!

Comment

By "Best of 3" do you mean one throwout allowed? Can you post more info on the scoring scheme? Divisions in these various races will not be the same. Good idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thing-Fish View Post
        By "Best of 3" do you mean one throwout allowed? Can you post more info on the scoring scheme? Divisions in these various races will not be the same. Good idea though.
        Thanks.
        Yes best 3 means one throwout allowed.

I'm not the scoring guru but Race chairs from all 4 clubs are in discussion. The issues are that for a race all boats need to be racing the same course and scored the same way (TOT or TOD). Corrected times for each racer per race will be used. Divisions will be determined the standard sausage making way of looking what you have and making splits. IIRC

An open question is whether or not multihulls are scored separately.
        cheers
        bob

Comment

I think you will get more interest if you offer a "Enter 2 and get the 3rd race free" sort of deal.

.......just a thought.

-3D

Comment

Originally posted by 3D View Post
            I think you will get more interest if you offer a "Enter 2 and get the 3rd race free" sort of deal.
            Well, considering that registration is already open with the announced price structure, and considering that the individual clubs each need to make money with entry fees (which club would eat the third entry fee?), and considering that DHLS is a charity benefit anyway, it's kinda hard to see it happening as you suggest.

Great idea, congratulations to BAMA. I can't do it, too many conflicts.

Comment

Working...
            X