SSS Corinthian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSS Corinthian

Skipper meeting tonite and last chance for registration!
    Forecasts calls for wet....

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

We'll be there! Bringing my younger son, he needs to put in his share of wheel time.

Comment

I noticed that we're expecting a strong ebb about the time that the fleet will need to head from Southampton Shoals and back to Little Harding. I checked it out on Google Maps and it looks almost exactly the same distance around Blunt or through Raccoon Straits. But history and experience seem to favor crossing the ebb and heading through Raccoon Straights rather than taking the Southern route around Angel. What's going on that makes the direction with the crappy section of current a better choice, or is it? Perhaps others have a different opinion.

Comment

Prediction is for more southerly in the breeze than normal. That might screw up Raccoon.

Won't affect me though - I'll be driving a friggin' desk . . .

Comment

What's your precipitation prediction?

One tv weather wonk says rain, hard, all day...the other says it blows through by 10:00 and then just spotty showers,
          with billowy clouds, dolphins, and unicorns with rainbows coming out of their asses.

Confused on the coast

Comment

Billowy asses - #3 weather.

Comment

Damn - tough day for a boat maintenance day, but it's gotta be done...

Comment

Originally posted by The Flash View Post
                Damn - tough day for a boat maintenance day, but it's gotta be done...
                There's no race scheduled for NEXT weekend. THAT should be your maintenance day!!!!

-3D

Comment

April 5th, Richmond Invitational...

Comment

Looks like some will have a nice kite ride to the course this AM

Might be a bit damp

IF you can get to your boat, that is...knucklehead drivers are out in force...

yeeeeeesshhhhhh

Comment

Working on reports...

Greg on Outsider indicated "A shitty Day, not just cause the rain but every time he got an established lead and showed the trailing boats a lead, the wind died and the
                      boats caught up"

Brian on Red Sky indicates that the wind was awesome out of the south early in the AM with gusts to 30... then the rain arrived around 8:30 to nine and the skies opened up..
                      The wind died.. start was delay 15 minutes and boats sent on course 2... Start, Stuart, Blossom, Blackaller, Southampton, Finish, if my chicken scratching makes sense.
                      Current was ebbing later in day at two knot in a 6 knot westerly. "The kids kayaking in Raccoon Strait were surfing some nice standing waves" Brain said. Brian finished on his Olson 34 around 6:00 PM, very close to the cut off time. He also guesstimates roughly 1/2 the entered boats showed up and competed...
                      Last edited by Photoboy; 03-30-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Natalie on Elise

Nice ride from Stfyc, south, 15-18 at start then big drop to 5-6 at start, still southly,
                        close reach to Blossom, wind shift and beat blackaller, set kite, 4 express 27s together.
                        split, 2 boats to Racoon 2 to Blunt, ebb building, north side, flyer didn't pay off, but got some nice wind 15 -17 knots
                        light at Southhampton..Little Harding 12 knots, next and ebb ride made thing a close reach..had to gybe 4 times to make finish,
                        kite finish...little wind 3-4 knots..finish about 5...single handers all finished together....

Natalie is competitors in the Single Handed Transpac, her 1st time in the SSS Tranpac. 2nd time to Hawaii, 1st two times in Pac Cup!
                        1st time was in Pac Cup 2008 with Nathan Bossett on Elise. Natalie will be doing her qualifications of 400 in the next few weeks for SSS transpac
                        "My sense is it will be fun and tough"
                        Last edited by Photoboy; 03-30-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

We saw a whale! That's about all I remember.

Comment

Those of you that got out on the water have NOTHING to bithh about!!!

Just before leaving the house to head to the boat......I discovered that the #%€£%#¥%# sewer line was backed up.

Needless to say, there was no sailing for us today. And no matter how "sh*tty" the weather was, it was a lot better than what I was having to deal with. ;-)

-3D

Comment

Shit happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X