2014 Konocti Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Konocti Cup

From the resort community Konocti on Clear Lake in Northern California a short report
    via Pat Brown, hosted by the Konocti Bay Sailing Club

"Even at low water in Clear Lake had a great event with 35 boats racing both the Full Cup and the Half Cup.

Colin Moore from Richmond Yacht Club was the Konocti Cup winner in his Wylie Wabbit "Krazy" - First in A Division and Overall.

Great action in the PHRF 168 fleet - B Division with Pat Brown J-14 "Cheap Trick" taking first and second overall.

Chet Britz first Ranger 23 "Lil' Bit" in the Half Cup

Good breeze 8-18 knots and a little cool"

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Wasn't there some brouhaha last year with the wabbiteers and the local Barney McSherriff?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Light Beer View Post
      Wasn't there some brouhaha last year with the wabbiteers and the local Barney McSherriff?
      It was a Park Ranger at the Clear Lake State Park campground. The Wabbit sailor involved in the confrontation returned this year, along with Bismarck Dinius who has returned every year since the incident with the off Duty Sheriff. Konocti Bay Sailing Club is friendly club with a lot of talented sailors that have struggled with the negative publicity of these two unfortunate incidents. I hope to see a larger turnout of racers in the future, as these incidents should in no way reflect on one of the best sailing venues in California.

Comment

Working...
      X