Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazz cup

Who's in?

We'll be there with Flash. Planning on taking advantage of the party and parking the boat in the marina overnight. assume they can stick us in a corner somewhere? We can be in the shallow end...

Nice heatwave this week - will it build and the blow out Saturday for a nice, fast ride?

Anyone seen the SIs yet? Checked yesterday and not yet posted.

Does anyone else have any issues with the posted results? I'm not sure how Tupelo Honey ended up as the top monohull???
    We raised the issue last night at the awards but didn't have time to stick around and get to a conclusion as we had to take off before we got trapped in Benicia with no water. There look to be some other unhappy faces at the bar.

I hope this doesn't spoil and otherwise fun and challenging race. I've never seen the Straits so flucky. We were getting 180 degree shifts.

Oh, but the mother of it all is the 48 footer that was unable to get their kite down at the leeward mark and decided it was ok to continue on the upwind finish leg with their kite still up and flogging trailing sheets without regard for any of the other boats around it trying to safely sail.

At least the night was pretty warm for the delivery home.
    http://jetstreamracing.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/JS9045

Comment

Results If you are into that kinda thing...
      " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

For Team Flash, it's better to look good, than to be good...

Too much time over analizing sports teams and not on the tiller?

C'mon Greg...those were YOUR conditions...

Comment

Jazz Cup must be the only race left that scores multi's together with mono's. Are there separate overall trophies (I hope)?

Comment

When I looked at results last night, I thought you guys were 1st in division...

Tupelo Honey, Gerald Sheraton's Elan 40 taking a slightly more west route...

15-18 knots of wind and warm sunny conditions across San Pablo Bay? Not a bad way to spend the day...

Too many regattas, not enuf time...

Comment

Originally posted by BobJ View Post
              Jazz Cup must be the only race left that scores multi's together with mono's. Are there separate overall trophies (I hope)?
              Yes there are, plus the actual Jazz Cup trophy awarded to the first non-sportboat monohull from SB or Benicia YC.

Comment

Kinda funny...a boat with a cool rating bitching about another boat with a cool rating. And exactly what would you have required Bodacious to do, stop racing? They're neither the first, nor will they be the last boat to flag a kite while racing. If they fouled you, you have remedies...like file a protest perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Salvador View Post
                  Kinda funny...a boat with a cool rating bitching about another boat with a cool rating. And exactly what would you have required Bodacious to do, stop racing? They're neither the first, nor will they be the last boat to flag a kite while racing. If they fouled you, you have remedies...like file a protest perhaps?
                  WTF Nick? First Bodacious should have addressed their kite, complete their douse, and then turn upwind. That is utterly unsafe for anyone around them. I'm I supposed to duck their boat and the extra hundred feet of kite and sheets they are dragging behind them?? And then after finishing, they decide to spin right then and there to finally douse their kite, right through the middle of the fleet trying to finish the race.

I'm not bitching about any boat. The RC and or protest committee is at fault here. Apparently some redress got given because the leeward mark dragged at some point. But there was no information on the results of the amount of redress granted and to what boats.

Seems the redresses granted are arbitrary, because for the outcome of the redress to make sense Tupelo Honey needed to finish with us and they were nowhere in sight.

Oh, and if you have problems with ratings you are free to submit a challenge with the PHRF committee.

Happy Labor Day weekend.

Comment

Well Daniel, what if instead of flagging the kite, they had shrimped all 2700 sq ft of it right in front of you? Would you have run over it, or would you have tacked to avoid it because option B is faster? IMHO, it was entertaining at the worst, but I'm sorry that it ruined your day. From my cheap seat B+ impacted no one. Apply for redress if you feel that they affected your finishing time.

Comment

Flash sank actually....

I had an inflatable in the aft compartment, it got a bit wet and inflated, unbeknownst to us opening the hatch a bit. We have a river in the cockpit at speed, and it filled the compartment. Not threatening to actually sink mind you, but not fast either. Great weekend on the water though.

Comment

Did it sink or not?

Comment

Hell, I had a manual pump in my car (don't ask) in the parking lot. Next time one of you characters is sinking, chase me down. If my car is in the lot, you're good.

Comment

bulkheads kept us from sinking. I suppose you could say one of the main hull compartments was flooded...

Comment

Why would you pack a raft in a small trimaran to sail up to Benicia? You have 3 hulls and a trampoline to hang on to.

If turtled, the worse case, how do you access it?

Comment

Working...
                              X