Patriot Prayer Rally Forces Rescheduling of Marine Events At Crissy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriot Prayer Rally Forces Rescheduling of Marine Events At Crissy

The NPS and GGNRA made public today that they have in fact granted the protest permit to the group Patriot Prayer at Crissy Field
    this Saturday. The permit cites a set up time of 11:00 AM and "Activity" time from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM and clean up completed by 6:00 PM.

The St Francis is hosting it's J-111 Worlds this week, and the word is the SFPD will have a very large presence at the StFYC and adjoining lots. Parking in the area on weekends
    can be difficult at best. We advise that you avoid area if possible, especially at hours cited above.

This was sent to persons which had planned on sailing in the Crissy Field Slalom Series:

Hi racers and volunteers-

As many of you already know, there is a "free speech rally" scheduled for this Saturday at Crissy Field. The permit was under review but has been confirmed as of today. More info here.

The last thing we want to do is put the safety of the racers and volunteers at risk.

In addition, traffic, rigging space, beach access, and water access may be severely limited due to a large number of protesters and counter protesters expected to attend.

In light of that, we've decided to reschedule the final race of series to Saturday September 2. Its a short notice + a holiday weekend and we realize some may already have plans but that's the best we can do given the situation.

Please be safe if you go to Crissy on Saturday.
    Thank you for your support,

Crissy Field Slalom Series Race directors

Here is a full list of items that have been identified as potential safety hazards and banned:

Aerosols / pressurized canisters
    Ammunition
    Animals other than working service animals
    Backpacks and bags exceeding the size restriction of 18” by 13” by 7”
    Balloons
    BBQ grills (propane tanks with any open flame)
    Bicycles
    Coolers
    Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
    Explosives
    Firearms (including licensed concealed carry firearms)
    Gas Masks
    Glass, thermal or metal containers
    Helmets
    Laser pointers
    Liquids (other than water in factory-sealed, clear plastic bottles)
    Mace / pepper spray
    Packages
    Pop up tents or canopies
    Selfie sticks
    Shields
    Signs exceeding the size restriction of 24” by 36”; Signs will only be allowed if made of foam core, cardboard or paper
    Structures
    Supports for signs and placards including sticks of any material
    Toy or replica guns or weapons of any kind
    Wagons or carts that can be pulled
    Weapons of any kind
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Why can't they go pray in the Tenderloin?

Comment

Between the rally and the regatta that's a lot of white people!
      Pointing like a traffic cop, footin like a track star.

Comment

The white nights meet the cold gray bay?

Comment

Latest news on the the Patriot Prayer Rally on August 26:

The St Francis Yacht Club will be closed all day Saturday August 26th.

The parking lot surrounding the St Francis will also be closed.

Marina Blvd will be closed from 0500

Parking lots in and around the Presidio near Golden Gate will be closed

The J-111 Worlds will be sailed out of the South Beach Yacht Club on Saturday.

Access to the SF Marina will be extremely limited.

Comment

That's not gonna sit well with a few folks.

Comment

Reading that a group of dog owners is going to decorate the grass with doggy droppings!

Comment

The SF Bay Offshore Yacht Racing Assn has a race scheduled for Saturday. It is hosted by Berkeley YC but our plan was to use the StFYC race deck for the start and finish. Due to the activities onshore and the potential for hundreds of human powered craft (kayak's, SUP's, rubber boats, whatever) StFYC has requested that we cancel or move the event. We have decided to move our start finish line to the Berkeley Circle (OC-F) or YRA 8 near Pt Blunt. We are currently scrambling to find a committee boat for the morning starts (check in 08:30-09:30, first gun 09:40, last start 10:05) and plan to do the finishes as a remote "radio" finish where boats call in their time and check out of the race. It is not perfect but it beats cancelling and there are just no other dates to move the race to in the busy calendar. If anybody has a boat and is willing to take the existing race committee out, anchor for a couple of hours (09:00 - 10:15?) please let me know. andy.newell@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Amazing how one group of knuckleheads can get a permit that snowballs into a bureaucratic
                  mess that effects the lives of tens of thousands.

Comment

https://www.nps.gov/goga/first-amend....htm#whatroads

Closure info from NPS

Comment

I'm all for free speech...until it interrupts my sailing plans.
                      I guess as much as things change they stay the same. Extra points if you can name that movie before watching the clip.

"What's going on officer?"
                      "Those bums won their court case so they're marching."
                      "What Bums?"
                      "The F**kin Nazi party"
                      "Illinois Nazi's"
                      "I hate Illinois Nazi's!"

https://youtu.be/_ctNdLZz4us

Comment

Blues Brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Red View Post
                          Blues Brothers?
                          Winner winner chicken dinner!

Comment

It's official!

Saturday's OYRA race is starting and finishing at Olympic Circle mark F. We dropped most of the longer courses due to the extra in-the-bay time and are left with F to Lightship, ship channel buoy R2 (outer), or R8 (inner). Sailing Instructions and an amendment with the new start/finish and course are posted on Jibeset. Racers will report their finish time via the VHF after finishing because, well, I am not willing to ask the race committee to sit out at anchor all day. It worked OK in Half Moon Bay and our fleet is only 23-24 boats.

Things are looking a bit light offshore and the usual 15-25+ in the slot. There is supposed to be some sort of 'paddle out' event at Crissy Field so we don't plan on going anywhere near there, and I hope there is someone around to pluck the swamped kayak's out of the water after the afternoon wind pipes up.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!

The organizer of the Patriot Prayer Rally at Crissy Field scheduled for this Saturday has just announced that they are
                              cancelling the event.

Comment

Working...
                              X