2018 YRA Master Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 YRA Master Calendar

Does anyone know when the 2018 YRA schedule is coming out?

Thanks!

The print copy by Jan 2-3

If you have inner yra connections, a malleable electronic version between now and zen

Comment

its all subject to change this early

Comment

I'm guessing it's more complicated than I know but wouldn't it be easier to maintain a month by month electronic schedule or maybe even 6 months in advance? Seems like the schedule for the next few months should for the most part be known by now but planning a race a year from now would be difficult. The printed schedule is nice but most of the time I use the web calendar.

Comment

I think it's an ever evolving thing, and some race organizers don't have all their info done at the deadline.

Comment

There's a calendar on the YRA website that includes all the race dates that are in the Master Calendar. The calendar is at the bottom of the YRA home page. Above the calendar is a link for a monthly view. 2018 dates have not been loaded yet, but will be in the next few weeks.

Comment

Thanks-- It looks from club sites like the dates for Great Vallejo Race and Westpoint are set-- I hope the YRA agrees with'em!

Comment

The YRA Schedule is more than just a calendar. Most of the in-shore races listed also get a Coast Guard Permit as part of the arrangement, so the CG is involved. Off-shore races have to wait. It used to be, in a simpler time, there was a scheduling meeting where yacht club race reps gathered to hash out a schedule without (or few) conflicts. Lots of yelling and a fist fight or two (just kidding). But today with nearly 1,000 CG Marine Event Permits for USSA Area G races, it's much more complicated. Some dates (the SSS 3-Bridge, StFYC Big Boat, YRA Great Vallejo Race are examples) are annual events that are calendared in automatically. Most evening/winter beer can series are as well. The idea is to come up with a calendar that has the fewest possible conflicts, with permits in place. Latitude 38 prints the booklet, which takes editing and time,too. It's a major task - as a former YRA Chairman, I can attest to that. Pat Broderick

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brass Balls View Post
                  The print copy by Jan 2-3

If you have inner yra connections, a malleable electronic version between now and zen
                  I know that one of the earliest revs did see unofficial mailable circulation. I hope no one made firm plans from that malleable version. There were and are changes up to submission for the print edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ahrens View Post
                    There's a calendar on the YRA website that includes all the race dates that are in the Master Calendar. The calendar is at the bottom of the YRA home page. Above the calendar is a link for a monthly view. 2018 dates have not been loaded yet, but will be in the next few weeks.
                    Link to YRA with online calendar at the bottom of the page http://yra.org/
                    The link to monthly calendar which is also at the bottom of YRA home page https://calendar.google.com/calendar...ca/Los_Angeles

Always double check Organizing Authority/ Race Club for updates.

The print copy is distributed with Jan 2018 edition of L38 which they report is today.

Comment

Originally posted by K38Bob View Post
                      Link to YRA with online calendar at the bottom of the page http://yra.org/
                      The link to monthly calendar which is also at the bottom of YRA home page https://calendar.google.com/calendar...ca/Los_Angeles

Always double check Organizing Authority/ Race Club for updates.

The print copy is distributed with Jan 2018 edition of L38 which they report is today.
                      And they are delivered

And here's the link to the pdf https://issuu.com/latitude38/docs/yra2018

Comment

Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by K38Bob View Post
                          I know that one of the earliest revs did see unofficial mailable circulation. I hope no one made firm plans from that malleable version. There were and are changes up to submission for the print edition.
                          What are the changes that were made between the two???

-3D

Comment

They seem to be missing the Pac Cup start date in the PDF version.

Comment

Double Damned date for 2018 ? or did I miss it In august ?

Comment

Working...
                              X