New San Francisco Marinas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New San Francisco Marinas?

It seems odd that there's been no mention of this either here or in Lat. 38, but every depiction of what's planned for the redevelopment of Hunter's Point shows at least one new marina.

Does anyone know anything about this? There's definitely demand for slips-- South Beach Harbor has closed their waiting list-- but what we really need, and I'm pretty shocked SF Department of Parks and Rec doesn't have, is a place and a program for sailing instruction and small boat sailing.

This is probably our last chance for this, as the plans for what's going to happen to the waterfront south of China Basin come together-- is there anything the sailing community can do about it?

Good question.

You have links to any of the plans?

Comment

I don't know about plans (like the one Lat38 linked for what's up at Pt. Richmond), but the pictures show marinas:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/place/...p?t=2d00b262e3

Comment

Would be cool if they included a couple of hoists and 100 dry storage slots. I note that the artists concept drawing retains the big WWII-era ship loading gantry. I think that's great. Besides, it's a huge "marker" for South Bay sailors. However, I can't imagine that much of this will actually happen in less than about 20 years.

Comment

https://thesfshipyard.com/

Might be a good starting point:

Play at The sf Shipyard
          Bringing nature into the community, approximately 350 acres of open park space and playing fields are planned across The SF Shipyard and Candlestick, that will connect the natural environment with the urban. Miles of restored shoreline are planned to provide a haven for local wildlife and offer a prime place on the Bay for a range of aquatic activities.
          Discover parks of all sizes programmed as grasslands, gardens, recreation fields and more are planned for this community. Included in the open space plan are the following:
          Cultural Heritage Park, showcasing the history and culture of Hunters Point
          Sports fields and interconnected recreation facilities
          A grasslands ecology park, with acres of Bayside meadows and trails
          A waterfront promenade
          Waterfront Recreation and Education Park
          300-slip marina
          Continuation of the SF Bay Trail and Blue Greenway along the waterfront, connecting pedestrians and bicyclists to Downtown

Comment

Originally posted by bwwooster View Post
            It seems odd that there's been no mention of this either here or in Lat. 38, but every depiction of what's planned for the redevelopment of Hunter's Point shows at least one new marina.

Does anyone know anything about this? There's definitely demand for slips-- South Beach Harbor has closed their waiting list-- but what we really need, and I'm pretty shocked SF Department of Parks and Rec doesn't have, is a place and a program for sailing instruction and small boat sailing.

This is probably our last chance for this, as the plans for what's going to happen to the waterfront south of China Basin come together-- is there anything the sailing community can do about it?
            Treasure Island is part of SF. Currently a battle between sailors and developers on Clipper Cove. Interesting how all waterfront development shows marinas and pretty pictures of boats..while consuming maritime infrastructure waterfront

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Red View Post
              https://thesfshipyard.com/

Might be a good starting point:

Play at The sf Shipyard
              Bringing nature into the community, approximately 350 acres of open park space and playing fields are planned across The SF Shipyard and Candlestick, that will connect the natural environment with the urban. Miles of restored shoreline are planned to provide a haven for local wildlife and offer a prime place on the Bay for a range of aquatic activities.
              Discover parks of all sizes programmed as grasslands, gardens, recreation fields and more are planned for this community. Included in the open space plan are the following:
              Cultural Heritage Park, showcasing the history and culture of Hunters Point
              Sports fields and interconnected recreation facilities
              A grasslands ecology park, with acres of Bayside meadows and trails
              A waterfront promenade
              Waterfront Recreation and Education Park
              300-slip marina
              Continuation of the SF Bay Trail and Blue Greenway along the waterfront, connecting pedestrians and bicyclists to Downtown
              What would be nice would be if this hypothetical development would include space for 100 trailer sailed boats with two hoists AND 3-4 acres set aside for a boatyard. Offer the 50-year lease-contract to SF Boatworks. They're good people, and I can't imagine but the developers have been offering to throw more money than is conceivable by mere mortals, to the owner for the land they're currently on.

Comment

Working...
              X