SF Bay Rolex BBS - 2010 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Bay Rolex BBS - 2010 Edition

6 weeks away from the best regatta on the SF Bay and the West Coast - the Rolex BBS. Always a class event and very well run.

16 boats already entered, 6 M32's should represent the start of a sizable fleet and I believe Limits US campaign will bring her here along with many others.

Rumor has it that the press has to fill out a form to shoot the event which might eliminate at least one known to cause trouble at major events.

I heard an RC 44 will make it's first West Coast appearance - who else is coming ?

Already 10 M-32's signed up for Worlds, including boats from NZ, Japan and Italy!

Won't blockhead still be suing the USCG on Lake Michigan? LOL
    ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Comment

It should be a fun one…………I haven’t missed it in 5+ years and don’t intend to miss it this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by foreguy View Post
        Already 10 M-32's signed up for Worlds, including boats from NZ, Japan and Italy!

Won't blockhead still be suing the USCG on Lake Michigan? LOL
        I expect he's on the threshold of filing suit any year now. I wasn't totally surprised he was willing to reach a new all-time personal low for a few hits on the site, especially after lying about everything in a video he himself took and posted. It makes sense though - he claims to be an attorney and is acting like one.

Speaking of which, it seems he'll do anything to avoid events at clubs like StFYC, NYYC, etc. because him getting bounced would be more newsworthy than the event itself.

Maybe we should approach all the key SA sponsors and lobby for coverage for all major events at these clubs.

Looks like he has a dilemma on his hands with StFYC hosting the M32 worlds - the boat he thinks will save sailing. StFYC requires you fill out forms to cover races, and cocky and arrogant attitudes usually aren't well received because they're used to dealing with professionals, not self proclaimed ass holes.

Comment

I'm thinking of stowing away on Limit, got myself a nice spin bag.

I'll climb inside the sewer and cuddle up for a couple hours in the early AM

They'll drag me up on deck at the 1st set, I'll pop out an say " SURPRISE!!!"

What's the worst that can happen?

Comment

Well, of course they could call for the "HOIST" and there goes your ass up the rig on the halyard. How tall is Limit's rig

Comment

Originally posted by Tequila Bob View Post
              Well, of course they could call for the "HOIST" and there goes your ass up the rig on the halyard. How tall is Limit's rig
              Note to self:

Pack harness and 50' military grade bungee!

Comment

Originally posted by bowline View Post
                I expect he's on the threshold of filing suit any year now. I wasn't totally surprised he was willing to reach a new all-time personal low for a few hits on the site, especially after lying about everything in a video he himself took and posted. It makes sense though - he claims to be an attorney and is acting like one.

Speaking of which, it seems he'll do anything to avoid events at clubs like StFYC, NYYC, etc. because him getting bounced would be more newsworthy than the event itself.

Maybe we should approach all the key SA sponsors and lobby for coverage for all major events at these clubs.

Looks like he has a dilemma on his hands with StFYC hosting the M32 worlds - the boat he thinks will save sailing. StFYC requires you fill out forms to cover races, and cocky and arrogant attitudes usually aren't well received because they're used to dealing with professionals, not self proclaimed ass holes.
                I missed the video, watching ab makes me gassy. Should be a helluva an event!

6 weeks away? Crap, where did summer go?
                ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Comment

Originally posted by foreguy View Post
                  I missed the video, watching ab makes me gassy. Should be a helluva an event!

6 weeks away? Crap, where did summer go?
                  Weather wise I'm not sure it ever showed up. Seems like we've had only one or two warm weekends so far, and St Patricks day was just last week.

Comment

Not to be a wet towel, but Limit is headed to OZ and won't be at the BBS, sources inform us!
                    Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

Comment

sniffle, sniffle, WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headway View Post
                        Not to be a wet towel, but Limit is headed to OZ and won't be at the BBS, sources inform us!
                        Good to know.

Anyone know if Mayhem, Flash or others will join Vincitore ?

Comment

Not sure on that, however Evolution Racing, the former Rosebud was coming to duel with Limit, and since Limit is not attending, they are bagging the BBS as well.
                          Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

Comment

There's a " My Imagination" 70' listed.

Wonder if it's a Whitfield/Strong design?

Comment

Yes, LIMIT's on her way to the antipodes.

And Yes, you will need a stinkin' press badge

Comment

Working...
                              X