• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must get pumpkins...

Comment

Originally posted by familysailor View Post
      Pete----
      Is there a possibility we won't be chasing pumpkins? It's the only tangible proof of victory on Sunday..... The finish order is never accurate when the main mob battles to cross the finish line. Pumpkins are forever!!!!
      Or, for pie.
      If War Dog were in charge, those pumpkins would have been pre-loaded with pints of rum!
      ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Comment

Pete----
        Is there a possibility we won't be chasing pumpkins? It's the only tangible proof of victory on Sunday..... The finish order is never accurate when the main mob battles to cross the finish line. Pumpkins are forever!!!!
        Or, for pie.
        Did someone say Pie?

Comment

Originally posted by foreguy View Post
          If War Dog were in charge, those pumpkins would have been pre-loaded with pints of rum!

We have entered into talks about the PH’s representing at the GP again this year but the skipper has some reservations………………………..

M,
          Sunday of the GP on your boat Peckerhead style? What do you think?

Cheers,
          WD

T,

Well I dont know..... Last time we sailed together I was amazed we made it onto the boat without a major injury or (on board )explosion, much less out of the harbor and around the race course. I could be convinced IF limits are placed, no more than a half gallon of RUM before we board, and nothing over say 5 megatons. What are the dates ?

I'll have legal work up a consent form....

WM

To quote MLK “we will overcome”
          Attached Files

Comment

I think what he meant was "a half gallon of rum PER PERSON". At least I think so. As I recall, we had to drink gin fizzes at breakfast to come down from the first thing in the morning rums we had.

I also hope that the det cord absorbed a little bit of water. It was too fast for me last year and I had to buy a new jacket. The old one looks pretty cool with the burns and melted parts. I hope M isn't off that weekend climbing glaciers or exploring the everglades. the GP would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Caca Cabeza View Post
              I think what he meant was "a half gallon of rum PER PERSON". At least I think so. As I recall, we had to drink gin fizzes at breakfast to come down from the first thing in the morning rums we had.

I also hope that the det cord absorbed a little bit of water. It was too fast for me last year and I had to buy a new jacket. The old one looks pretty cool with the burns and melted parts. I hope M isn't off that weekend climbing glaciers or exploring the everglades. the GP would be fun.
              Rum + Gin = Bad JuJu

Comment

Originally posted by IOR Geezer View Post
                Rum + Gin = Bad JuJu
                The trick to molecular stability is to use several shots of tequila to act as a buffer between the rum and gin. There is a more accurate algorithm floating around, but a rough guise is 1 glug (from the bottle) of rums to 1 shot (caution! no lime or salt - too much acidity) to 1 gin fizz.

The way that it was explained to me is that the laid back Caribbean rum molecules counteract the feisty Mexican tequila molecules just in time for the ever so civilized English gin to arrive.

I am sorry I was negligent about leaving that important detail out. I'm working on an iPhone App for the quantities but I can't get the buttons big enough nor the print big enough for "real world" application.

Comment

Where does the pie fit into the equation and is it ala mode?

Comment

The challenge is to harvest the pumpkins from the bay and turn them into pie before the finish. Whipped cream is optional.

Of course to compete you must sail a boat resembling the family camper van or a "Dumptruck" as the (not so) Clean one describes some boats.

Must have a functioning oven, Dishwasher, dispoal, food processor ----- optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Tuna View Post
                      Where does the pie fit into the equation and is it ala mode?
                      Actually, Pi doesn't. I did a little digging and found the equation in my files. It appears here:

It can appear somewhat intimidating, but, the coefficients are really quite simple.

X = the unknown, or, in layman's terms, rum. Since we are deep into the bottle, no one can recall the quantity consumed, hence it is "unknown".

S = the number of shots of tequila required to balance the unknown quantity of rum that has been ingested. For a safety factor, cube the estimated number of shots.

H = the proof of the alcohol (I know, I know, I would have used P for proof, but the original credit for this fomula goes to some German dude and that's how they spell it over there).

Vj = the amount of gin fizzes to have to obtain that proper English stiff upper lip (note: the terms to the right of Vj represent the equation for mixing a gin fizz. K represents the temperature of the ingredients (in degrees Kelvin) and the numerator "1" indicates that the recipe is for one gin fizz.

v = the volume of the cup to be filled for the fizz (i.e. 8 oz, 12, oz, 14 oz, etc). As you can see, you may consume up to 5 at any given session without the need for more rums or tequila.

R = the "Ralph" constant. Do not go over. Gastric reversal will occur (think of it as the Vne in an aircraft).

m = the matrix of the fourth dimension. By this point, you will have reached the time space continuum, and this matrix defines the boundaries. Exceed this array's values and you will hemorrage.

Г = the definition of the matrix of constant buzz. In the matrix terms to the left, you see the drink ratios expressed (they read vertically) so it is one drink, zero drink (a pause), drink drink. Next, w represents wretching.

Lastly, the checksum line: 1 + w + w squared = zero. Think of it this way: you begin at a constant quantity of alcohol in your stomach. you wretch once, then once extra hard (i.e. squared), thus leaving you with an empty stomach, ready to begin again.

You can see why this is a bit complex for a real time iPhone app.

Comment

Damn...how I miss the Great Pumpkin and other Bay Area pursuit races! (Big Daddy, TBF, etc.) And of course all the wackos who race them...

Comment

wackos?

Comment

Actually, Pi doesn't. I did a little digging and found the equation in my files. It appears here:

It can appear somewhat intimidating, but, the coefficients are really quite simple.
                            Simple enough but where are the embedded pumpkins? I have it on good authority that they will be there!

Comment

The challenge is to harvest the pumpkins from the bay and turn them into pie before the finish. Whipped cream is optional.

Of course to compete you must sail a boat resembling the family camper van or a "Dumptruck" as the (not so) Clean one describes some boats.

Must have a functioning oven, Dishwasher, dispoal, food processor ----- optional.
                              I don't know, Dumptruck racing sounds pretty exciting to me. How dare you evoke that name on this site .......... twenty lashings for you .

Comment

wackos?
                                Definitely

Comment

Working...
                                X