Good grief, it's the Great Pumpkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caca Cabeza View Post
    Actually, Pi doesn't. I did a little digging and found the equation in my files. It appears here:

It can appear somewhat intimidating, but, the coefficients are really quite simple.

X = the unknown, or, in layman's terms, rum. Since we are deep into the bottle, no one can recall the quantity consumed, hence it is "unknown".

S = the number of shots of tequila required to balance the unknown quantity of rum that has been ingested. For a safety factor, cube the estimated number of shots.

H = the proof of the alcohol (I know, I know, I would have used P for proof, but the original credit for this fomula goes to some German dude and that's how they spell it over there).

Vj = the amount of gin fizzes to have to obtain that proper English stiff upper lip (note: the terms to the right of Vj represent the equation for mixing a gin fizz. K represents the temperature of the ingredients (in degrees Kelvin) and the numerator "1" indicates that the recipe is for one gin fizz.

v = the volume of the cup to be filled for the fizz (i.e. 8 oz, 12, oz, 14 oz, etc). As you can see, you may consume up to 5 at any given session without the need for more rums or tequila.

R = the "Ralph" constant. Do not go over. Gastric reversal will occur (think of it as the Vne in an aircraft).

m = the matrix of the fourth dimension. By this point, you will have reached the time space continuum, and this matrix defines the boundaries. Exceed this array's values and you will hemorrage.

Г = the definition of the matrix of constant buzz. In the matrix terms to the left, you see the drink ratios expressed (they read vertically) so it is one drink, zero drink (a pause), drink drink. Next, w represents wretching.

Lastly, the checksum line: 1 + w + w squared = zero. Think of it this way: you begin at a constant quantity of alcohol in your stomach. you wretch once, then once extra hard (i.e. squared), thus leaving you with an empty stomach, ready to begin again.

You can see why this is a bit complex for a real time iPhone app.
    Can you add this to the equation?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Dolphin View Post

I generally agree, but the equation breaks down when you try to solve it using "girls with really big tits" as the coefficient.

Comment

Will this work into your quadratic equation?
        ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Comment

Originally posted by foreguy View Post

Quite nicely. But I believe that one would need spherical trigonometry. As you can see here:

the proper placement of the pole is determined by the relationship between the ideal elevation axis and the zenith. The blue and green lines illustrate several possible routes the pole can traverse while maintaining optimality. Technical note: zenith is a Latin word. We have a different one in English.

Comment

Quite nicely. But I believe that one would need spherical trigonometry. As you can see here:

the proper placement of the pole is determined by the relationship between the ideal elevation axis and the zenith. The blue and green lines illustrate several possible routes the pole can traverse while maintaining optimality. Technical note: zenith is a Latin word. We have a different one in English.
            Are you talking about a the stripper pole? Are cones included in this explanation? I'm feeling more confused than normal. (REALLY REALLY confused)
            Last edited by familysailor; 10-06-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by familysailor View Post
              Are you talking about a the stripper pole? Are cones included in this explanation? I'm felling more confused than normal. (REALLY REALLY confused)
              You need to compare the line drawing to the illustration above it (mostly brown, with yellow accents). See the similarity of the figures? The line drawing is a true spherical shape, while the brown/yellow figure is an approximation of a sphere. The pole does not represent a stripper pole, but, as with sailing, an appendage.

Does this help?

Comment

Actually, Pi doesn't. I did a little digging and found the equation in my files. It appears here:

Click here to enlarge

It can appear somewhat intimidating, but, the coefficients are really quite simple.

X = the unknown, or, in layman's terms, rum. Since we are deep into the bottle, no one can recall the quantity consumed, hence it is "unknown".

S = the number of shots of tequila required to balance the unknown quantity of rum that has been ingested. For a safety factor, cube the estimated number of shots.

H = the proof of the alcohol (I know, I know, I would have used P for proof, but the original credit for this fomula goes to some German dude and that's how they spell it over there).

Vj = the amount of gin fizzes to have to obtain that proper English stiff upper lip (note: the terms to the right of Vj represent the equation for mixing a gin fizz. K represents the temperature of the ingredients (in degrees Kelvin) and the numerator "1" indicates that the recipe is for one gin fizz.

v = the volume of the cup to be filled for the fizz (i.e. 8 oz, 12, oz, 14 oz, etc). As you can see, you may consume up to 5 at any given session without the need for more rums or tequila.

R = the "Ralph" constant. Do not go over. Gastric reversal will occur (think of it as the Vne in an aircraft).

m = the matrix of the fourth dimension. By this point, you will have reached the time space continuum, and this matrix defines the boundaries. Exceed this array's values and you will hemorrage.

Г = the definition of the matrix of constant buzz. In the matrix terms to the left, you see the drink ratios expressed (they read vertically) so it is one drink, zero drink (a pause), drink drink. Next, w represents wretching.

Lastly, the checksum line: 1 + w + w squared = zero. Think of it this way: you begin at a constant quantity of alcohol in your stomach. you wretch once, then once extra hard (i.e. squared), thus leaving you with an empty stomach, ready to begin again.

You can see why this is a bit complex for a real time iPhone app.
                Originally posted by foreguy View Post

I noticed P.I. in the lower image and Pi mentioned in the post above, along with pie I mentioned earlier.

Is this the solo tangible component? Will they all come together at the Great Pumpkin?

Are there cocktails combining rum and pumpkin? I have had beer with a pumpkin flavor and it was quite tasty.

Comment

You need to compare the line drawing to the illustration above it (mostly brown, with yellow accents). See the similarity of the figures? The line drawing is a true spherical shape, while the brown/yellow figure is an approximation of a sphere. The pole does not represent a stripper pole, but, as with sailing, an appendage.

Does this help?
                  Er....... yah!

So the brown/yellow thingy is a spherical cone, or a conical sphere both of which may include an appendage that resembles an M&M.
                  Under the finish coat I'm guessing the the structure is carbon/Kevlar reinforcing over industrial strength silicone.

Comment

Originally posted by familysailor View Post
                    Er....... yah!

So the brown/yellow thingy is a spherical cone, or a conical sphere both of which may include an appendage that resembles an M&M.
                    Under the finish coat I'm guessing the the structure is carbon/Kevlar reinforcing over industrial strength silicone.
                    FS,

You are quite astute! I am guessing that you have a background in structural or mechanical engineering, or perhaps industrial design. In my circle, we refer to these as "technicals" (as they generally require a high degree of maintenance and frequent servicing. Prior to today's advanced materials and CAD design assistance, they were frequently referred to as "Bravo Papa's" (i.e. "Bush Pigs").

If you are not the primary owner and prefer a..... um...... "time share" type use (or what those in the medical arena refer to as an "off label prescribing", then a "cone of silence" is also required to avoid what the IRS calls a 50% deduction.

I am confident that structures such as these could not be engineered without the hard work and sacrifice by so may talented professionals. We truly are a great Nation

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Dolphin View Post

Unfortunately, you can use this to prove that sailboats are evil too. Left as an exercise for the reader.

-Mike

Comment

i want what you guys are on

Comment

Originally posted by aA View Post
                          i want what you guys are on
                          Well, truth be told, we are all trying to get on this:

But, if you are statistically minded, the collective prospect is about 0.000000000000000000000000000000423% of that happening.

Comment

Rum

Comment

The latest word is that Eric will be coordinating the event.

Good for RYC for involving the right people.

Comment

As long as Eric is up to the task of providing enough tan colored, lacquer coated Bravo Papa's I thoroughly endorse his efforts!

Comment

Working...
                                X