Good grief, it's the Great Pumpkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EVK4 View Post
    For the first time in living memory, the Great Pumpkin pursuit race is NOT on the day of my daughter's birthday party. I will sail in this race.

But, based on the quote above from Linus, I have to know the deal with the pumpkins. I plan to sail on a sincere boat with no hypocritical phonies so, of course, we will have the biggest advantage in picking up pumpkins. What do we win for getting the most? Any tips and/or advice?

It's not the size, it's how it's presented.
    ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Comment

Nice pumpkin !!

In spite of the politics, Eric has done his magic again - 145 entries for Saturday and ~ 80 for Sunday's pursuit race. Almost all fleets are well represented and Saturday's party will be a blast - great band with a hot lead singer. Not to be missed.

This guy deserves a big hand for the effort he's put into making this regatta successful for the past 10 years.

Comment

Like this?

Comment

One problem I see there . . . boogers.

Not feeling 100% this weekend so I won't be out trolling for pumpkins - have fun.

Comment

Trolling For Pumpkins

We have "loaded" a few select pumpkinettes to be released on All Hallows Eve in or around the
            Great Pumpkin Regatta Pursuit Race!

5 Lucky winners shall capture the flagged pumpkins and obtain the booty!
            You will need to to post the image of the pumpkin and the secret stash to
            obtain said prize!....

Trick OR Treat?
            " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

Looks like the tiger did a number on the wetspot! and way to go Cowbell!
              A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

Comment

Bruzer
                Pegasus
                More Cowbell
                Tiger
                Paramour
                Tartuga
                Bandito's
                Ruby

The rest is Here

Comment

A tad bit wet and a bit O ever-thing wind wise but all in all it was fun da- Sailing............Ummmmmmmmmmm Rum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ballard Sailor View Post
                    Looks like the tiger did a number on the wetspot! and way to go Cowbell!
                    glad to see we weren't ocs in the first

Comment

so Rainy and Windy? We got first in the rain (16 knots breeze) on the Rum Run up here, sailing on a friends 40+' Bene

Good luck on the pursuit race today!

Comment

yep, rain and light breeze. had the 2 up for one start but changed downhill. lots of position changing on each leg, more than a few collisions and a pro team trying to teach the amateurs 'course management' while performing their own

Comment

With the first of the fleet in front of the club, the majority of the boats are ghosting along (pun intended) with spinnakers with very little wind coming out of Raccoon Straights. In between Angel Island and RYC looks like one huge hole.

Beautiful day on the bay, just not much wind.

Comment

Originally posted by aA View Post
                            yep, rain and light breeze. had the 2 up for one start but changed downhill. lots of position changing on each leg, more than a few collisions and a pro team trying to teach the amateurs 'course management' while performing their own
                            This doesn't sound good....

Comment

Yes we have your pumkins!
                              " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Comment

147 entries on three courses and we have one picture ?

What's up with that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X